Fox Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Farm

dong some research on fox farm ! found a dealer pretty close by!think im gonna go with trio package big bloom ,grow big,tiger bloom!!
    guess my question is i want to get some happy frog soil or maybe ocean forest do i need to get enough to fill each 5 gallaon bucket?(13 buckets)

Wish i could get fox farm nutes and medium up here in Canada Kinda a silly question there Bib b. Of course you need to get enough to fill 5 gallon buckets. Why wouldnt you want to fill them right up?

Comment

fox farm is good but, tiger bloom is misleading. It should be used in veg - just a heads up - talk to your garden shop they will set you straight - slo

Comment

OK I bought the trio deal!!I read bottles lil confused how to use all three so I started with big grow

Comment

Moved this post to the appropriate section guys. Thanks.

Comment

If your going with 13, 5 gallon buckets my guess you'll need 5 of the (big bags) of Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest and if your adding perlite, which you should, at Home Depot you can get the hugh bag of large course, for less then $20 bucks and that together will fill those 13 buckets.

Might want to grab a bag of Worm Castings and a bag of Bat Guano to add also, Use the entire bag of worm castings and half the small bag of bat guano and mix all these ingredients real well in a big container, then add the mixture to your 5 gallon buckets.

Grow Big is what you'll want to start out with in early veg, from FF's nutrient trio. I too have heard Tiger Bloom can be used toward the end of veg, but use it along with Big Bloom, on into bloom. Mid way thru Bloom you'll want to start adding a good Bloom Booster and FF has Cha Ching, which I use as My Bloom Booster with decent results. Good choice for growing in soil, in my opinion, Best of Luck, Bib b.

Shown below is the big container I use to stir together mixture and you might need to use a bigger one, or lay down a tarp to mix it all up good. 13, 5 gallon buckets will take alot of your mixture. Those are the small bags of Happy Frog.

Attached Files

Comment

If you don't mind sharing Blaze, how much was all that?
              Also, how many 5 gallon buckets will that fill?
              Thanks!

Comment

Hey - My people tell me fox farms got it wrong when they lined up that trio PKG - they tell me to use tiger bloom at the start of flowering and end up with big bloom - of course like blaze said an additive never hurts - slo - - talk to your supplier about this

Comment

Somewhere around $80~$100 for all the stuff for your soil mixture, but well worth what your spending when your trimming, smelling and tasting those budz.

Those small bags I purchased were for four 5 gallon buckets, you'll want to get the big bags, probable 5~6, to fill 13 fivers (containers). The Big bags are 2.5 liters if I remember correctly.

Comment

Have you guys read Fox Farms soil feeding schedule? I was amazed at what i see they had a EC of 2.5- 2.8 at week 4 in veg

Comment

I use all three and use tiger bloom at the onset of my 12/12 period. I started with grow big 6-4-4, and as I stated before then I go to tiger bloom at bloom onset 2-8-4 . Notice that your N decreases and your P doubles which is what you want for flowering. K stays the same at 4. If you take a look at the Big Bloom bottle, 3rd in the series, has only trace elements in it! I also use a product by Atami called Bloombastic 0-14-15 at about the six week of flowering to ramp up the Pand K. This is how I have used it for the last couple of years. Mega

Comment

I've heard good reviews about fox farm so hey why not give it a try.

Comment

The only thing you need to add to that is a small handful of bone meal per container (mixed well), for added calcium the stuff has got twice the amounts of fert's as Happy Frog. I'm finding out the hard way this grow using it. Should be real good potting soil for my plants this season.

Start your seedlings in a lite potting mixture, a small bag of lite warrior and pot up to the Ocean Forest and you should be good to go with bone meal added for a shot of added calcium, Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X