First time hydro farmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time hydro farmer

struggling with two surviving plants. questions for experienced hydro farmers...is it best to measure nutrient reservoir with Ppm meter or TDC? Also, if using Ppm, do you add the reading of plain water to the nutrients? Ex: clear water measured at 204,w/o nutrients. If I want 400Ppm with nutrients, do I want a total reading of 604? Help!!!

@p'applechunk. Well my friend this can be very confusing for first time hydro growers. Ppm, TDS, EC???? All are very much the same but equally very different which causes a lot of confusion. Ppm& TDs meters actually read the solution as an EC value then convert it accordingly. There are many conversion charts available on the web to help you out with your readings.
    For a start try and use the purest water you can. I personally use rain water which in my area as a,ppm of 0:24 which you see is very very low. Aspure as I can get. So try and start with as pure as you can.
    So if you want an end result/reading of say ppm 1000, and your water has a reading of say 200 then just add enough nutes to bring it up to the 1000 your aiming for. Don't ignore what's already in the water as then you could run into problems of over fertilising.
    Again whether ppm or TDs or EC there are different conversions to where you are, is:- USA, Europe etc... Which is why you'll need the conversion charts. Again always try to takE readings at same time of day as temps can also effect the readings. Confusing orwhat . don't let it putyou off. Once you get the hang of it all will become clearer. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X