Need advice on starting a dispensary.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on starting a dispensary.

My brother and I have plans to start a medical marijuana dispensary in Ontario, Canada. We have gained connections with several Doctors who prescribe MMJ. It is now favorable in Canada to start a dispensary, The Ontario law is giving license to start one. But, I heard that it ain't easy and there are still a lot of procedures to follow. I read this article about the registration procedures and they have mentioned about three stages to acquiring the license.
    I would like to get a detailed idea of the procedures to follow to start our dispensary. We have experience working in general dispensaries and we are getting inquiries from patients about MMJ. So, I think this is the right time. Need your help.

i think you are right, this time just fits for this

Comment

I have a lil bit knowledge about you asking for.While there is the current legalization of medical cannabis, there is no such thing for recreational cannabis. But, this is coming along the way. As soon as the legislation passes, both medical and recreational marijuana will be on an almost equal footing in Canada. To this extent, the application process to obtain a license for growing recreational marijuana might be similar to that required for growing medical marijuana. To start a marijuana business in Canada, you should seek professional help and guidance. In fact, in some cases, you need to consult with lawyers, tax experts, accountants and other public officials before you venture into growing and selling marijuana for any purposes. Whether for personal home use or for commercial sales to the general public, you must consult with marijuana laws professionals before you begin cannabis production.
      Whether to grow marijuana for personal use at home or to produce it for commercial distribution in Canada, you need to obtain the requisite license from the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation (ACMPR) program. The program is under Health Canada.

Comment

Ya spot on. You should talk to a lawyer who specializes in this field.. I know there are some in Canada

Originally posted by chirsfrancy View Post
        I have a lil bit knowledge about you asking for.While there is the current legalization of medical cannabis, there is no such thing for recreational cannabis. But, this is coming along the way. As soon as the legislation passes, both medical and recreational marijuana will be on an almost equal footing in Canada. To this extent, the application process to obtain a license for growing recreational marijuana might be similar to that required for growing medical marijuana. To start a marijuana business in Canada, you should seek professional help and guidance. In fact, in some cases, you need to consult with lawyers, tax experts, accountants and other public officials before you venture into growing and selling marijuana for any purposes. Whether for personal home use or for commercial sales to the general public, you must consult with marijuana laws professionals before you begin cannabis production.
        Whether to grow marijuana for personal use at home or to produce it for commercial distribution in Canada, you need to obtain the requisite license from the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation (ACMPR) program. The program is under Health Canada.

Comment

I'm sorry to report that most dispensaries are not profitable. I've written many COGS models over the last 7 years. Profitability is really dependent upon how analytical the business owner/COO is. At many companies, I've create a "Raw" COGS model to track the cost of production during the cultivation cycle, then another model during processing (as the cure is the most volatile variable in the whole process), and then a post-production model to track how much it costs us from warehouse to consumer. Being one of the very few nerds in this industry with a love for cannabis specific financial modeling, and the plant, I would be the most qualified person to tell you that I am a unicorn in this game.

In most cases, the pioneers of this industry were passionate about their craft- the cultivation, processing packaging, and tasting of the plant. Much of the technical knowledge learned through experience doesn't prepare one of these business owners for scaling their model, or understanding how detrimental costs can be to the top and the bottom line.

I have watched, first hand, the rush of cut throat dotcom egotists and angel investors into the arena of wide-eyed cowboys whose passion trailblazed an industry that will soon be taken over by the people they fought to never become. Love is a battlefield, and all is fair in 2015 in Colorado. I believe that 60% is a conservative estimate on how many of these original "cannapreneurs" will lose their shirts in sinister leverage buyouts by the end of next year.

Comment

Nice post brexit. It was inevitable, and once was an argument against legalization. The bread heads will be all over this. Well said.

Comment

Working...
            X