trimming buds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trimming buds

I ether trim to much or not enough, Has anyone got any pics before and after.

No pics, but I remove as much of fan and sugar leaves before drying. After drying but before I jar them for curing, I do a final trim to remove loose bits.
    I got a bit overwhelmed on last years Aurora crop and I just did a rough trim-biggest effect was it took a very long time to get rid of the green grass smell but if you snap open a bud it smells just like the manicured.

Comment

my mate got gorilla glue, and said he was about greeting and his hands were bloody numb, after trimming that, 3 pairs of scissors later... lol. I'm just crap at it ether take to much of or to little..

Comment

It's a matter of preference, and also depends if you're selling or just for you. If you're selling then you need to do a good job, punters don't like leaf. If it's just for you then take your foot off the stress pedal, the fan leaves are covered in crystal anyway. What you do with the trim makes a difference too. What do you do with yours?

Comment

I sell sell sell. I'm a greedy git lol. I take all the fan leaves of and trim the wee sugar leaves

Comment

ya just get rid of the sugar leaves

Comment

Don't tell me you bin the trim though.

Comment

Yes I do, I canny get dry ice and no idea what to do with it all, I've offered it to guys who all said no wanting them..

Comment

Good morning all. Im in southern Ontario, and have about 2 weeks before harvesting. Its an exciting time for a first timer. I have seen differing opinions on how to trim buds before drying. One camp says to just trim off the large fan leaves before drying, and the other says trim them right down to the bud, small leaves(Are they called sugar leaves?} and all, and to keep the small leaves for edibles butter etc. as they are laced with THC. Could I hear some opinions please?

Comment

Hi Timmy. Everyone has their own preference.
                    I would take off the big fan leaves and throw them away. Then trim the biggest of the sugar leaves and keep them for edibles. Then dry the plants hanging upside down. When dried I would give them a more detailed trim and keep all the trimmings for edibles, leaving just the trimmed bud to be cured for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X