How much longer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer?

These are 6.5w since switching to 12/12, OR 4.5w since the first noticable show of flowers.
    Would you say They need nother 2w or 4w? I'm not sure what's the more reasonable "counting method", so I know when to start flushing?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45541[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45542[/ATTACH]

I so like these photos (made with the cheapo microscope) I just thought you might like them, too!
    Might use them as a background photo/wallpaper
    collage lil friend more of them ;)
    Last edited by HobbyGardener; 12-26-2016, 03:49 AM.

Someone has been busy...nice effort. Trying to estimate how long seems to be a crap shoot. Best guess??? When they're done they will be done

Comment

• HobbyGardener
      HobbyGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate, glad you like it. I'll be giving them few more weeks most likely, since all the trichs are still clear

I am new as well, so take this as light advice. I just finished my 1st. . When mine looked like that, I thought they were ready also. Man, I was wrong. I probably put another 3 weeks into them.
    I use a jewellers loupe and keep an eye on the sugar (Trichomes). You want it milky to slightly brown tinged. How many weeks have they been flowering?

Comment

Originally posted by chad3179 View Post
      I am new as well, so take this as light advice. I just finished my 1st. . When mine looked like that, I thought they were ready also. Man, I was wrong. I probably put another 3 weeks into them.
      I use a jewellers loupe and keep an eye on the sugar (Trichomes). You want it milky to slightly brown tinged. How many weeks have they been flowering?
      Cheers mate that's what I was thinking, too - another 3weeks at least
      These are 6.5weeks since switching to 12/12, OR 4.5weeks since the first noticable show of flowers.

Comment

When the red hairs begin to shrivel is usually the time to start having a look at the color of the trichomes.

Comment

Great pictures!
          The flowering period given by the breeders starts counting form the first signs of flowering, normally a couple of weeks after switching to 12/12. So an 8 week plant will be around 10 weeks from the flip date. However the only true way of telling is to watch the trichomes.
          Read this article
          https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/harvesting-marijuana-head-body-stone/

Comment

• HobbyGardener
            HobbyGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Schmokin, sorry I didn't respond earlier. It's still going on, plants look healthy enough to get there, it's only shame my light is too weak. An upgrade is a must!

We're still not done! Anyway, I thought I'll share a few more photos, these were taken on day 60 from flip.

2017-01-12_18.04.14_tn.jpg 2017-01-12_18.03.38_tn.jpg

WIN_20170112_13_03_46_Pro.mp4_snapshot_01.08_[2017.01.12_13.45.32].jpg WIN_20170112_13_03_46_Pro.mp4_snapshot_02.50_[2017.01.12_13.41.26].jpg

Comment

" only shame my light is too weak"
            A weak light will potentially make the flowering period take even longer.
            Amazing photos by the way. Really good!

Comment

little update. still not ready, but hopefully soon

Attached Files

Comment

Tell me about it. I've been saying 'harvest tomorrow' for nearly 2 weeks while waiting for my skunk 47. Really drags out eh.
                Still, maybe tomorrow.....

Comment

true that my friend. Thing is, my plants are really at their end (well, that's what I think I see, but as said, I have no experience with this) and all that remains is hope that they'll live long enough to ripen those buds. Maybe I should chop off a popcorn or two, and try, it might settle my curiosity for a bit!?!?

Comment

I did not notice them until now. Did some research, and it seemed the best thing to do was to vacuum clean the buds, so that's what I did. Definitely another thing to look for in future hey!?

Comment

...all milky, and some amber. Good to go?

Comment

I'd be sharpening my knife-they look ready to me.

Comment

• HobbyGardener
                          HobbyGardener commented
                          Editing a comment
                          true word there, my friend. Today might be the day...
                      Working...
                      X