Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't determine sex

Hi I'm very new to this.

I just popped a seed in a pot plant and threw it outside. this is the result 4 weeks later...

I'm wanting to know if this is male or female. please.

I have absolutely no idea about growing etc. if it doesn't turn out its no big deal to me.

Where do you live and what season is it there right now? For outdoor plant to goto flower it needs around 12 hours of daylight hours and 12 hours of night time. And do research there is a lot of areas here with loads of info for ya to read up on.
    Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 12-20-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• misterman
      misterman commented
      Editing a comment
      it's summer here in new Zealand. . do I need to let it flower to tell the sex

• misterman
      misterman commented
      Editing a comment
      at the moment it's getting light from about 4.30 / 5 am till about 9 /10 pm

Yes you wont know the sex till it starts to flower. How far away is your fall season?

Comment

I just went thru that sexing part. Its too early to tell but when it tells you what it is you will know. I learned from these fine people and from now on I will go femenize seeds.

Comment

+1^^^
        This is the biggest drawback to using regular seeds-you invest a few months into growing a plant and there isn't any accurate way to tell the sex until it begins to flower. That's why I would only invest my time in feminized seeds.

Comment

Yes if you can get your hands on some feminized seeds would be way better. It sucks when you have limited plants and find out down the long road that you were caring for stupid males lol Or another way is getting clones from a plant that you know is a female.

Comment

Hi Misterman. Welcome. In New Zealand, depending on the strain you are growing, you should start to be able to tell sex around the end of January into February. This is a very loose date I arrived at by just adding 6 months onto the dates for the northern hemisphere.
            Do you know what strain it is?

Comment

Hi All, Is it a pretty sure thing that if u have the playing card leafs its a male?

Comment

Hi jmi. You have some confused information here. Leaf shape is not dependent on sex. It's all about the flowers.

Comment

I think this is a girl. Guided by this photo.

Comment

Working...
                  X