Thought I had a female

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I had a female

But now it looks male?. The sacks seemed to appear when lighting went to 12/12. So not sure.
    Should I wait longer or scrap this plant?
    Last edited by arliss; 07-26-2015, 04:44 PM.

She has balls.

Comment

Definitely balls arliss. She's a he. What you saw before flipping to 12/12 must have been preflowers. Full flowers don't come until after flipping. It's a boy. :-(

Comment

This was my first first lesson learned. Out of 5 plants I have 2 were males, 2 fems & the lil one is still developing. What do you experienced growers do with male plants? Someone told me to chop them up and make fertilizer from them. Is that a good idea? Advise, suggestions please! I am very, very new to this!

Comment

Most growers just bin the males. Some keep them and use them to pollinate the females and make their own seeds. This is a great idea, but if you're a total newbie you would probably be best just throwing them away and concentrating on growing the girls.

Comment

Hi guys! So... I have the same issue/question about the balls. I have an industrial Autoflower and it has the same sacs only less of them. One per crotch. Popped out when it started to flower but haven't turned into buds or anything yet. I have 2 other plants about to flower and i don't want to mess anything up. All of my plants are from purchases femanized seeds and I did stress the hell out of them for a few weeks being a bonehead lol. I'll try to get a pic but my phones camera is poor.

Comment

Comment

stressing out your babies will make em flip over from girls to boys to survive. but boys are always boys an nothing can change that. once they start to flower get rid of the boys, I cut em off below the soil so`s not to disturb the others, I multi plant in one pot to save area an no it has`nt affected my yield yet,

Comment

Keep a close eye on them Damo. Stress can cause your plants to become hermaphrodites. This means they can have both male and female parts on the same plant.
                  Personally, being so close to harvest, I would not bin them but put up with smoking seedy weed. The seeds themselves are almost guaranteed to be female, but will have the predisposition to hermie themselves.
                  But we're jumping the gun here, can't see no balls for certain yet.....

Comment

Working...
                  X