Myths and Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myths and Legends

I took my first toke way back in the Summer of 1974. That was quite a while ago and over all those years I have heard and learned some interesting things about the plant. A lot of it was pure B.S. told to me by people who swear on the Bible they were telling the truth. Some of these I've found out better on and some are still just things I've heard.

1. Most people do not get high the first time they smoke. This may have been true back in 1974 and I remember it wasn't until the 4th or 5th time I smoked that I actually felt a buzz. I can't imagine with the potentcy increases since then that this is the case anymore.

2. A friend who was speaking to me as an expert grower once told me that you can sex seeds. The dark ones are males and the lighter ones are female. I know this was a crock but does anyone have more information on this. Is there any indicators shown in the seeds which will become females and which will become males?

3. I have only grown MJ successfully 4 times out of the dozens of times I've tried. I have lost the game for every reason from theft, bad weather, destroyed while trying to hide them from un-cool house guests (thanks Mom), to growing all the way to buds only to end up with headache weed. I was wondering what success rates others have had.

4. A pro grower once told me that if you let a female plant grow for a year, it will have enormouse potentcy. This goes against all the stuff I've recently read that is you let the plant go too long it actually looses potentcy. This might explain a 14 footer I once grew. It took 9 months to reach that height and I had bags of weed when I finally chopped her down, but it was not potent at all. Sure you could cop a small buzz but it was nothing like some if the White Widow I enjoyed in Amsterdam.
Working...
X