latest project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest project

a friend gave me this plant that stretched too much for him outdoors, and it was just starting the blooming cycle. I moved it inside and gave it good lights and nutes and it took off. he also gave me a male that he didn't want. I mated the male with the last Northern Lights feminized auto seedling I had and now have over 150 seeds to see if they can produce anything good. at $10 a seed it's worth a try.
    about ready

Nice. I love your attitude. One man's junk etc.....
    What's your expectations from the seeds? Being first generation Auto/Photoperiod crosses I think that some will have auto qualities and some not. I think they need back crossed for a few generations to make them stable. Will be very interested to hear how they turn out.

Comment

I hope to get a nice mother plant that I can take some clones from. this last year I've had three crops with the auto plants with fairly good results, but don't think i'll go with the auto plants again. you're probably right about needing a couple generations to get things back to normal, the seeds look good so i'll just wait and see what comes up and hope for the best.

Comment

cleaned out the tent yesterday, pretty heavy buds and really sticky, trimmed and hung to dry. the little auto was almost expired and full of seeds, so I pulled her and culled all the seeds, wound up with about 100 good looking seeds, and I found two little plants that had germinated and come up in the bucket, so it looks like the seeds are fertile and now I hope some are female. we'll see?

Comment

Following. I'm really interested to know how this goes for you. Breeding was something that always interested me but I never really tried it out.

Comment

Cool. When are you going to try some of the seeds out?

Comment

had to get my veg. room ready. been growing auto's this last year, so didn't need the veg. room, so it's has been collecting junk there. here's the two little ones I found in my bucket when I harvested my seed plant.

Comment

1 week old now & doing good. their mom was a northern lights feminized auto, and the dad was a trainwreck from n. cali., they have very different highs, but both are very good smoke, looking forward to see what the end result will be.
                gary

Comment

Hi Gary. I will be watching this one with interest.

Comment

two wks. old now, growing strong, I am anxious to see which genetics are going to dominate.
                    gary

Comment

3 wks. old now, moved them into their final buckets with plenty of foxfarms nutes. looking good.
                      gary

Comment

Nice! The one on the right seems quite feisty...

Comment

it's been 7 wks. and going strong. I had to repot the one on the right, guess it was not getting the food it needed. the one on the left really took off when I potted it, now I see white feathers coming out of every joint on it. i'll leave the lights on the 18 /6 cycle for a while to see if both starts to bloom.

Comment

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Comment

9wks. now. the feisty one turned out to be a male, so I moved the female to the tent with a 12/12 cycle, going to let the male mature by it's self and collect the pollen to use later.

Comment

Working...
                              X