Estimated time left? Outdoor grow!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimated time left? Outdoor grow!

So, this girl started off as a tiny little no name seed in March. The growth was very slow from my mistakes and 14 of her siblings died from too many nutes and burnt up. As soon as the weather broke; I moved her outside in a 3 gallon planter. Last week she got transferred to the regular ground. I've been checking pH balances and everything is perfect! My question is- from viewing the photos; about how long until buds appear and ultimately, harvest? She's grown about 8-10 inches since potting to the ground so she didn't get distressed like I worried about. It's been over a decade since I did any growing. A rough eta would be very helpful! I'm just hoping to beat the frost. Northeastern U.S area. Happy farm soil, fox farm nutes. Lollipopped 3 times and topped twice. Super cropped every other week, but haven't in the past month as the stems got bigger I was afraid they'd break off. I already had one break at the node, so that just told me to leave it alone after that, lol! PS sorry if this post is misplaced. I was having a difficult time finding the area it is to be in. You guys can call me Weezy! Nice to meet you!
    Last edited by Faeriena; 08-28-2018, 09:00 PM.

Welcome, Weezy.
    If those pics are current, then I'd say that you have a very sativa dominant strain. It may not have enough time to finish living in the NE.

Comment

Aww. I really hope it can finish up. First frost here according to the Farmers Almanac should be around October 23rd. 😔

Comment

• Bats
        Bats commented
        Editing a comment
        Make a redneck tent when it gets to that dreaded 32.i did it in me patriots land.i took it off in the morning.i did a couple of lemon haze s alsome stuff it gets u going.good luck.you have plenty of time

And thank you for the welcome 😊 here is pictures I took just now. I tried to take a pic so you can see how the bud sites are forming at the nodes.

Comment

Frost in the northeast would be the least of my worries, i would be much more concerned with botrytis (mold) than frost. I would say by the pics your looking at 8wks minimum

Comment

• Faeriena
          Faeriena commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Sorry for the late reply. We had a hard rain about 4 days ago, so I shook lightly to keep from spores starting. I'm not used to having accessibility for outdoor growing, as it was illegal 10+ years ago when I grew last, lol (was able to check monthly in the woods) so, this is how she's looking today. Happy to see trichinomes with the naked eye.

Is the plant exposed to any light sources after sunset? It really should be much further into flower than what yours is doing.

Comment

• Faeriena
          Faeriena commented
          Editing a comment
          No sir. I set it where there'd be no light and exposed to sunlight roughly 7.5 hours a day. It's been ridiculous hot the last few days and I've been watering at 6 a.m so it keeps moisture during the day.

This morning

Comment

I did notice this morning that a critter ate one of my bud sites that was poking through my fencing. I adjusted it and am hoping they can't get to it now.

Comment

Another question... Fan leaves: Is it ok to remove ones that hide some bud sites? I don't want to stunt growth.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

We've had some big debates about removing fan leaves on here. I think the general consensus is that it won't do any harm. I personally think it's a good thing.

Comment

Currently, I've been worrying about the torrential rains we've had 3 days straight. I've been lightly shaking off excess twice a day, ugh! Thank you hurricanes, for dousing my plant! Grrr. Definitely keeping an eye out for mold! It's supposed to be the last day of rain.... Until the aftermath of the other hurricane hits Saturday. I did take a couple fans off. Not many. I'm scared of this rain! I have my plant under the garage roof, but it does get the rain still, as you can see.

Comment

Comment

That's shit news about the rain. Keep a good eye out for bud rot. Is there plenty of air circulation?

Comment

Yeah it's pretty good air wise. I got lucky and we didn't have a super hot day after the days of rain, but we will have the effects of the hurricane mid-week next week, so I'm assuming another few days torrential rains, ugh! Hoping for another lucky bout with mother nature!

Comment

• Faeriena
                          Faeriena commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good news is the buds are forming nicely. Only worry I have is the lack of nutes it absorbed the last week. Just today was the first time I felt comfortable giving it my nutes and coffee blend since the rains
                      Working...
                      X