Never give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never give up

So my last grow was a bust. So now a buddy gave me 2 colons that looked bad and didn't want to grow. As the pictures show they are in better shape now. So these will be the mamas for coloning.
    Day 1 Day 1 Week 2

Do you mean busted by the law? That's bad news.
    Those girls look like they will soon pick up. Let them get big and strong before taking cuttings. You can start topping after about 5 or 6 nodes

Comment

• bigbudmaker
      bigbudmaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Saturnalia
      Thanks for the post not busted by the law haha cause i am registered to grow. When coloning is taller or fuller better. I ask cause I don't want to loose these girls.i have designated my 4x4x8 grow tent to these plants so they have lots of room . I'm constructing a 6x8x8 room for all other plants. And yes I have a incubator set up too haha.
      Thanks again

Comment

Comment

Can someone tell what's going on here .... spots on leaves SUGGESTIONS

Comment

Comment

Hi BBM, for your mother plants fuller is better than taller. You should top the mums a few times to create many growing tips. This will provide you with more sites to take cuttings from.
            As for the spots in the pictures... Hard to be sure but looks like bug damage, Do you have thrips? (you may call them fruit gnats or thunder flies), or spider mites? You will need a good magnifier to see the spider mites. Check for light webbing around the plants and have a read about it.

Comment

• bigbudmaker
              bigbudmaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey bud I was thinking on topping them at 8 nodes and doing the odd pinch . And I have yellow sticky sticks in the pots but nothing on them. But I have a 60x120 magnifier so I will have a close look. These colons came from outdoor plants so I'm watching them extremely close
              Thanks Saturnalia

• bigbudmaker
              bigbudmaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey bud I was thinking on topping them at 8 nodes and doing the odd pinch . And I have yellow sticky sticks in the pots but nothing on them. But I have a 60x120 magnifier so I will have a close look. These colons came from outdoor plants so I'm watching them extremely close
              Thanks Saturnalia

The nursury is almost done got to add the fan.then start coloning .... YES ..... i did a test its 85 . nice. Humid 70 so it should be spot on
            Last edited by bigbudmaker; 08-07-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Might want to bring the humidity down some. Otherwise you might have mold problems later in flowering. Kudos on your new grow space.

Comment

• bigbudmaker
                bigbudmaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I brought my humidity down it 50 to 55 %.thanks for the info

Nice work! JWM2 is right though. 70% is pretty high and likely to cause problems later on in the grow. It's good for clones but would be better around 50 for flowering.

Comment

• bigbudmaker
                bigbudmaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm at 50 to 55 %humidity. And the spots were mites. So I mixed 70%pure rubbing alcohol (9) table spoons to a large spray bottle full of bottled water and drenched both plants . Waited 5 minutes then sprayed with pure bottled water to remove all alcohol and dead mites. This mix killed them on contact and the plants rebounded in 2 hours under the fans. Fingers crossed problem solved. Thanks for all info.

Out of 15 plants this is the only one with out sacks so fingers are crossed . This one is a cross breed I made from skunk. Og. And purple. So I'm hopping it works out. I just took 3 colons off today. Your thoughts are welcome.

Comment

The 3 out side colons

Comment

Nice. The lids should keep the humidity up on the clones whilst keeping it reasonable in the rest of the room. Do you use a rooting gel or powder, or just water?
                  Doing really well.

Comment

How you getting on with those mites?

Comment

4 days on 12 12 looking good

Comment

Working...
                      X