New

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Hello everyone ive been growing a plant now for 9 weeks she's looking good but not sure if she needs pruning, she is currently 400mm high and only 260mm across so any advice and tips would be fantastic Thanks.

Guess it depends how much time you want to spend growing 1 plant....what size container you growing in?

Comment

The pot is 300mm x 300m its planted in canna coco with cana aqua pellets at the base for drainage the strain is triple cheese and im trying to find out if I can take cuttings from her when its ready

Comment

Hi BudBoy. Welcome to the forum.
        If your plan is to take cuttings then you should definitely prune her. Topping will encourage side shoots and give you more growing tips to take cuttings from. If this plant is untopped, and you want her to be wider, top her now. Check out this article about topping.

Comment

Thank you guys for you tips and help I think I might have left it a bit late for topping as she has at least 12 new shoots that ive been told by a seasoned grower will be the flowers fingers crossed hope she buds. Ill keep you all informed if you are interested and try and upload some pics thanks again guys happy growing.

Comment

Here are 3 pictures of my first ever grow hope she looks ok a bit small I understand that was down to a drainage issue which has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by BudBoy74 View Post
              Here are 3 pictures of my first ever grow hope she looks ok a bit small I understand that was down to a drainage issue which has been fixed.
              Have you initiated flowering?
              If so, then it's to late for cuttings unless you want to re-veg. If you're still running 15+ hrs of light then I'd say you have an auto and you can't take cuttings from auto's.

Comment

she started the flowering stage 2 weeks ago while still on 18hrs so I switched to 12/12 not sur if shes auto and I carnt find anywhere online to find out if she is. When I bought the seed it was from a feminised section so not sure if it is an auto or not but two weeks into flowering think its to late as you said .

Comment

• canbethewicked
                  canbethewicked commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sounds as if this is an auto, i would have left light at 18/6 or 20/4 to maximize growth of this plant.

Originally posted by BudBoy74 View Post
                she started the flowering stage 2 weeks ago while still on 18hrs so I switched to 12/12 not sur if shes auto and I carnt find anywhere online to find out if she is. When I bought the seed it was from a feminised section so not sure if it is an auto or not but two weeks into flowering think its to late as you said .
                Pretty sure that if it started flowering @18hrs, it's is an auto flower. I would bring the on time back up to 18-20 hrs. You will get better development with more light time

Comment

You may have had preflowers, which can appear during the veg stage. Look it up.
                  She looks fine and seems to be in flower. If she is an auto then cutting would have been a bad idea anyway.
                  My advice would be to just flower her out now and see what you get. If you want to repeat the experience it might be worth investing in some good seeds or cuttings next time so you know what you are dealing with.
                  Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                  X