Amateur Mistake- Need Tips!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Mistake- Need Tips!

Hello guys and gals! I'm new to the forum!
    So, I haven't grown in 15 years. I tried after being out of the loop for a while. I germinated the right way.. had about 14 seedlings, and all but ONE died because I added food too early. It's been a month from germination until now and my little girl (I hope) isn't growing as fast as I remember. Any tips on how to get her growing faster? I don't have no fancy set up. A HIB, well ventilated area. On 20 hours, off only 4. Watering every 3 days. Obviously waiting to give food since I fried the others and saved this one. Pic so you can see the progress, or lack there of. Let me know your thoughts, thanks! Look forward to getting some tips! You can see the very bottom leaf where this one ALMOST fried, but I flushed out the soil and repotted the plant.
    **Fae

my suggestion is to start your plants in a good potting soil such as Fox Farms happy frog or fox farm ocean forest diluted with worm castings and avoid feeding for a couple weeks. your survivor appears about 5 days old (actual age as i understand it is 1 month). Start over in my opinion this time with a known potting soil. Do not over water, let planter dry before adding more water.

Comment

this is an example of a 1week old plant since breaking through the soil.

Comment

• Faeriena
        Faeriena commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Yeah, I thought my plant was awfully tiny compared to how they looked many years ago, lol. I will definitely take you up on your advice. Much appreciated! Before when I grew; I'd grow outdoors more than anything after I'd get em started and clone from the nice bushy ones, so indoors is new territory.

Not much different from outside really except your in control of everything..good luck with your grow...people here willing to help you out on your journey. If ya have questions just ask. Its also about good genetics. Not saying you cant get good smoke from bag seed but known genetics IMO are better.
      Last edited by canbethewicked; 04-10-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Ok great! Again thank you so much for your help ❤️

Comment

Well it's been a few days and the foilage has tripled!

Comment

I repotted with happy frog fox farm like you suggested

Comment

• canbethewicked
              canbethewicked commented
              Editing a comment
              This is just a starter soil FFHF, when you repot into bigger planters your going to have to feed or get some soil that will take you through flower.

Okie dokes. Thank you. 😀😀

Comment

So, I didn't give up on it. I switched to outdoor. This is how it looks now. I think Im not going to lollipop any more and let it grow out. I only topped once, but now that it's outdoors I don't want it burning. What you guys think?

Comment

Hi Fae. Welcome.
              There's no substitute for natural light eh . When you said a HIB in your initial post - can you give us more info on that?

Comment

Working...
              X