New Grower - More light - Bud Candy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grower - More light - Bud Candy

I keep hearing the more light the better. Can anyone tell me what the difference between 6ooW LED which i am using now and the 1000W LED. how much of a difference will it make?My first grow was in Supper soil, have not tried the finished product yet as it is still curing. the root system did not get as big as i would like, so i am looking into a root enhancer. Trying my hand at DWC at the same time. Does any one know if Bud candy will help my hydro enough to warrant the expense of it.

HI Rich. Welcome.
    I moved your post here. It will get seen better with its own topic rather than buried inside somebody else's post. Hope this is cool.

Comment

• Rich
      Rich commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, you are very kind

Hey Rich. Welcome to the forum.
    Not sure about Bud Candy, but the more light the better is definitely a thing. It would be hard to quantify an exact amount of improvement on what you said. I don't, for example, think that a 1000W would be 40% more productive than a 600W. There are too many factors involved, including the quality of the light and the amount of PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) But you should definitely notice a difference.
    The DWC system should give you a larger root mass. Even in soil, simple things like feeding from the bottom, air pruning, root enhancers, suitable nutes (phosphorous and potassium (bonemeal))and mycorrhyzal additives will all help to beef up your root mass.

Comment

• Rich
      Rich commented
      Editing a comment
      i am planning on using sensi grow PART A + B with a root Enhancer called rapid start. The light i am planning on using is from NextLight model Mega. is there any thing else I may need to add to help improve my final product. thank you everyone for you time and help.

• Rich
      Rich commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Saturnalia, thank you for the warm welcome.

Sounds like you're good to go Rich. I had a wee look at that Nextlight Mega. That's quyite a piece of kit! Look amazing. I will be really interested to see how that turns out.
    I think you will find that the quest for improving the final product is ongoing. Most growers I know are continually tweaking and changing. The set up you have going on there should be able to turn out a high quality product though.

Comment

Working...
    X