Newbie here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Newbie here. Im crazy fans traditional lights HPS/HID/CFL, especially 1000watts HPS. No lights can bit it. Planning a new round 10x10 culture space. Some fellow members have switched led grow lights. But Im still thinking... much appreciated if any suggestions or advises

Hi Hydro. Welcome. I answered you in your PM. I'm a firm fan of LEDs. I still get into lots of "discussion" with my friends who are all fans of HPS.
    The way I see it, LED technology is advancing so quickly, and the price coming down all the time. If you don't think they are better yet, just wait, they will be. LED is the future, not just of grow lighting, but all lighting.

Comment

I'm changing led slowly, have a wee look you'll see loads of posts on the subject, also the prices are coming way down.. that's good as I'm Scottish well known tight arses..lol

Comment

Hi Saturnalia, Thanks for helping. Time tells all. Kinda of curious what brands LED grow lights you are using? Its always hard to try new stuff. I also hang out on 420 magazine. some members recommend numerous brands to me, such as Mars lights... bla bla bla, .. make more more confused now..

Comment

Hi cococeltic, Im just thinking to switch led grow light with cheap price... lol lol lol Whats your opinion?

Comment

I have one just now which I bought cheap, fell of a truck funny not a broken bulb ha ha. I put a post up about this if you look on that and other posts there is lots of info.. ( to be honest most will have the same led's in them so I think it's more to do with the rest of the light, weight size ect but don't tell Saturn I said the ;0)...)

Comment

Originally posted by Saturnalia View Post
              Hi Hydro. Welcome. I answered you in your PM. I'm a firm fan of LEDs. I still get into lots of "discussion" with my friends who are all fans of HPS.
              The way I see it, LED technology is advancing so quickly, and the price coming down all the time. If you don't think they are better yet, just wait, they will be. LED is the future, not just of grow lighting, but all lighting.

Hi Saturn, did not receive your PM.... Or I just get something wrong, Or just because Im new guy..

Comment

Originally posted by cococeltic View Post
                I have one just now which I bought cheap, fell of a truck funny not a broken bulb ha ha. I put a post up about this if you look on that and other posts there is lots of info.. ( to be honest most will have the same led's in them so I think it's more to do with the rest of the light, weight size ect but don't tell Saturn I said the ;0)...)

Thanks for help Coco. Seems its a long way to figure out which direction... I will do more research.. Thanks a ton. BTW, My I have some keys to search your posts? Sorry new here. just want to make it fast to find some vital answers

Comment

All you do is click on my name there is more experienced grower on here tho..

Comment

Thx coco, Im checking it. Is there some one sponsor you? Got an offer from a brand for free sponsorship. Is it reliable or just a trick for my personal info...

Comment

My $.02
                      Some LED's can offer better efficiency than HID-most chinese 'blurple' lights don't. If you have the ability to manage the thermal load from a couple of kW of HID lamps, then it will take a substantial investment in cutting edge led tech to match their efficacy. Bottom line-if you can handle the heat I'd stay with the tried and true.

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
                        My $.02
                        Some LED's can offer better efficiency than HID-most chinese 'blurple' lights don't. If you have the ability to manage the thermal load from a couple of kW of HID lamps, then it will take a substantial investment in cutting edge led tech to match their efficacy. Bottom line-if you can handle the heat I'd stay with the tried and true.
                        Thanks for help. But Im not good at electric bro, lo lol lol..How many years you run grow lights?

Comment

Working...
                        X