Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie Grower - are these pistils in Veg state?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Grower - are these pistils in Veg state?

First attempt at a grow. Outdoors in 3 gal containers. From seed. In the last couple days many of the plants show pistils. Is this a concern? Was thinking of doing some topping, but am I too late. The plants are about 8 weeks old.

Hi Old Guy. Your plants are coming in to flower and looks like a girl. I would avoid topping at this stage and concentrate on getting those buds nice and ripe. Time to start feeding them some flower food.
    Also, you talk like there are a few plants there. Make sure they all have pistils. You might need to remove males if you have regular seeds. Read this article on sexing your plants.
    https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/hydroponic-marijuana-sexing/

Comment

• OLDGUY58
      OLDGUY58 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I have been using liquid nutes in the water, and a little blood meal sprinkled on top of the soil once a month. I have 6 plants, all from feminized seeds, and all showing pistils, so I think I am ok on that front.

Hi Oldguy. A bit late for topping. You can do so but it will reduce your yield. Best thing to do now is watch them go!
    If height is a problem for you you can still LST or super crop if you want to.

Comment

Working...
    X