Very confused about light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very confused about light

Hello friends - Have a listen to my story, por favor. This year I purchased some starts from a shop I've not patronized before. They told me the starts I purchased have been in light 24/7 and that I should adjust the amount of light they are getting before putting them in the ground, lest they begin to flower. This is making my head hurt. Last year I went to a different shop, made my purchase, came home and planted and everything worked out just fine. Any advice will be most appreciated, as I'd, erm, like to get going. Muchos gracias mi amigos.

Hi Wayno. Welcome.
    For veg you can have the lights on anywhere between 18 and 24 hours per day. Most people tend to use 18 but plenty of people use 24. It's up to you.
    There is a school of thought that the plants require some rest time. That's why I use 18. But people use 24 without problems. I just like to be kind to my babies :-)
    Whichever way you decide on, the plants will only start to flower once you flip the lights to 12/12.

Comment

Thanks - sorry for the delay in responding. I think the person who sold the "start" to me had no idea what she was talking about. I waited three days for a response here, then just planted them. Everything is fine. I will probably go back to the shop where I bought the "start" and let the manager know a budtender needs some more education.

Comment

HI El Wayno. Were the plants autos? Autoflowering strains will begin flowering at around 3 weeks after emerging, regardless of the lighting conditions you have.

Comment

Working...
        X