Medical Marijuana & Legislation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marijuana & Legislation

Hi, My name is Deborah, I have several conditions/diseases which medical marijuana helps....even my arthritic dog gets pain relief. This is my first thread, so bear w/me. I learned from an ancient Peruvian lady to soak the cannabis in alcohol/witch-hazel for 2 months in a jar in a dark place & when my arthritis got bad to rub some on the area affected, wait 15 min & do it again. It worked. This is when my interest piqued. I knew all the prescriptions were doing more harm than good, so I began my mission to promote nature's remedies when they are indicated.
    I studied homeopathic & became a horticulturist. I made it a habit to study what "the people who came before us" used for food, medicine & shelter & was amazed at the things that were/are used....with much less, if any, of the side effects of conventional medicine.
    My forum will give medical news from places like JAMA(Journal of American Medical Assoc.); it will explain simply any new petitions & put links to sign them; new bills introduced in House & Senate that are of interest to us all & include directions on getting your representatives to vote on said bills. I imagine my Senators are tired of me, but I won't stop, each time someone sponsor a new bill that benefits Medical Marijuana users, growers, distribution & ending prohibition I will write them again.
    My main objective is to help others like me, share the good & help teach the truth to those prehistoric views so many in this country seem to have.
    I hope to share at least once a week, maybe more.
    Thanks & Nice to meet you.

Welcome aboard Deborah. You certainly seem to have got your teeth into it. Well done. We need more people like you.
    I hope you enjoy using the forum and that you can learn something and teach something too. It's all about the power of information.
    I'm glad your senators are tired of you. Maybe in the end they will get so tired that they will finally do what they are paid for; Listen and act on your behalf.
    Good luck in all you do. Nice to meet you too.
    Schmokin

Comment

Originally posted by carolinadesertdeb View Post
      Hi, My name is Deborah, I have several conditions/diseases which medical marijuana helps....even my arthritic dog gets pain relief. This is my first thread, so bear w/me. I learned from an ancient Peruvian lady to soak the cannabis in alcohol/witch-hazel for 2 months in a jar in a dark place & when my arthritis got bad to rub some on the area affected, wait 15 min & do it again. It worked. This is when my interest piqued. I knew all the prescriptions were doing more harm than good, so I began my mission to promote nature's remedies when they are indicated.
      I studied homeopathic & became a horticulturist. I made it a habit to study what "the people who came before us" used for food, medicine & shelter & was amazed at the things that were/are used....with much less, if any, of the side effects of conventional medicine.
      My forum will give medical news from places like JAMA(Journal of American Medical Assoc.); it will explain simply any new petitions & put links to sign them; new bills introduced in House & Senate that are of interest to us all & include directions on getting your representatives to vote on said bills. I imagine my Senators are tired of me, but I won't stop, each time someone sponsor a new bill that benefits Medical Marijuana users, growers, distribution & ending prohibition I will write them again.
      My main objective is to help others like me, share the good & help teach the truth to those prehistoric views so many in this country seem to have.
      I hope to share at least once a week, maybe more.
      Thanks & Nice to meet you.

If they are tired of you, you have them right where you want them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I am sorry you have such painful conditions, but I am glad you are finding relief with the Cannabis plant. It is funny you say your dog gets relief from it too, because my brother used to have a dog, and in the last years of her life she was arthritic (among other things), and if there was herb around, she was there too. She would put her nose up close to you so you could blow her a hit. She would do that 2 or 3 times, then go back and lay in her bed. We never "made" her do it, she just decided to do it on her own. It was almost like an instinctive thing.

Welcome to this wonderful place, and I hope to hear more from you soon.

Comment

Amazing

Carolinagesertdeb, I can't believe your post.!... Four years back I meet an elderly Hispanic woman with the same health problem. When she told me what she used for a remade I couldn't hardly believe it. I don't have arthritis so I never could try the cannabis/alcohol/witch-hazel 2-3 months jar in dark. But that is the exact potion she uses. I know I watched her make it and use it. And for the last 4 years I have been giving her some of my bud trim. I always just wondered if there was any truth to her magic. She lives here in Northern Nevada from your forum name I'll take it your from Carolina...kinda from coast to coast.. well all most...and not a joke.

Comment

Working...
        X