New comer woods grower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New comer woods grower

How you farmers doing ive been juggling around this idea of growing some plants this year ive never done it before but i do know some basics of botany but i have alot of fears and doubts about going threw with it.....i found this quaint little spot out in the woods hard to get there unless you know the way and man the sun that comes threw would make any of you tear up.......sooo anyway my conundrum.

I live in SW florida so if any of you in this kind of climate and are growing outside some tips would be welcomed and id also like to be able to get a good strain for this type of climate.......i also would like to know about possible weed and insect threats......the clearing in the woods is surrounded by palms, pines, and some other trees i cant really idenify but the dirt is kinda 50/50 but i figure if it was good enough to grow these healthy pines to incredible hights but anyway i was planning on raking up like maybe a inch into the dirt and replacing it with organic soil.......id like to have at least 5 plants by the end of this.

I wanted 3 females for producing a strong crop and i wanted 1 male and a female for producing seeds for maybe a second generation so i need to find out whats a good distance to separate the 2 crops so there is close no chance of unnecessary pollinating of my virgins i would like to call them(little joke to ease up the reading).and for my watering all i really got to go off of is the guides on this site and i cant remember the exact amount to water each plant but i think it was something like at least 1gallon a week (correct me if im wrong) and i was going to use a method with a few gallon water jugs call self dripping or slow dripping irrigation idk but they are suppose to slowly distribute water to each plants roots........soooooo quick recap on some areas i could use help in.

So i need some tips on the climate, how to get the dirt around the area ready for planting, how to defend against incoming weeds and bugs, how to maintain my crops (good planting spacing and when and how much to water each plant a week) and lastly id like to know how to harvest and dry buds the best way possible to keep my crops going for more then 1 generation.

Thank you feel free to contact my email if u want a private conversation i appreciate all help and tips that come in

Comment

The Floridian climate is ideal for growing outdoor weed. Marijuana loves sunshine and they call it the sunshine state!
      Without seeing it I would say add more than an inch of soil. Because of the acidity, the soil around pine trees can be poor sometimes (there is less diversity of trees so the quality of the humus is lower). Although you say there are other trees and plants about so it is probably ok.
      If it was me I would fork in good organic soil to about 6" - 10"in depth. Just to make sure. ;-)

On another point, a slow drip feeder has worked great for me in the past. It really depends on how often you can safely visit the site. I hear that they are pretty strict about weed in Florida.

Not much here, but I hope it helps in some way.
      B

Comment

Working...
      X