Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasoned grower, flowers for 6+weeks low light, high risk of theft, should I pull?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasoned grower, flowers for 6+weeks low light, high risk of theft, should I pull?

Hi everybody, this is my 5th summer growing. I moved late last year, but this year in my new place I've got a quality Northern Lights strain that started flowering late July, I'm in Ontario, and although it's been really hot, my little yard only provides 7-8 hours of light at best.
    6+ weeks of flowering so far, but the veg state was so short they're only 3'tall at best. Red hairs showing for the last two weeks, nutes have been consistent since flowering as well as consistent watering schedule since late May.
    My problem is that a neighbour has noticed (probably due to me putting a lock on my gate), she smokes as do her friends. I want to keep the girls outside for another 3 weeks, but I'm afraid that they'll be stolen one day while I'm at work. I'm anxious to cut them down tomorrow, they're in 10 gallon pots right now, but flowering a lot. They smell great but need more time,.. am I going to ruin them by pulling them tomorrow?
    I suppose I'm asking for anybody with experience to shed some light (pun or not intended lol) on what their potency was like, at this point yield isn't a concern.

Greener
    Last edited by The Greener75; 09-02-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Can you check the trichomes with a magnifier?
      Pulling early will result in a lighter head stone with less couchy body effects. If they are as early as 3 weeks early then you will lose a considerable amount of potency. I ouwld wait as long as you can, but the worse case scenario is you will get something off of them.....

Comment

Thanks for the advice! The best that I have for magnification right now is an iphone, what should I be looking for when I can get a magnifier/loop?

Comment

The trichomes are the tiny globe shaped 'sparklies' that you can see on the buds and leaves. They start out looking clear and will gradually turn milky white and eventually darken to an amber color. I try to wait until all are milky with a few amber. It sucks that you have to worry about getting ripped off- I have some of your concerns on my 'spontaneous' outdoor grow-my clones I started for a friend are growing well, one is approaching 8 feet. Just glad that I live out in the boonies and little traffic.

Comment

Nice! Nosey neighbors ouch! If you can lung them in the house and back out that's what I'm thinking from here.hopefuly you will be OK on your grow.we are are challenged these days.were is the respect going these days!

Comment

If the trikes are cloudy and you are worried I would pull them without waiting for amber. You'll still get a good stone and you'll sleep easier......

Comment

Here's a weird but possibly helpful suggestion. I use a Scarecrow to keep squirrels from digging around my plants. No, it's not a straw guy on a stick, it's a motion sensor attached to a sprinkler head. They run in the US about $55 (Amazon) but work great on deer and small animals. Might deter the neighbors?
                K

Comment

Great suggestion KWE, and one that may be useful for deterring predator species as well as thieves. Nice one.

Comment

Working...
                  X