Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsanto

Hi all.
    Have been reading conflicting reports about whether Monsanto (or one of their subsidiaries) has bought out Fox Farm or not.
    Does any body have definitive information about this?

I love FoxFarm and checked with them about this. They said that indeed, Monsanto has bought up some small companies like theirs, but theirs wasn't one of them. Yay!!

Comment

Yay! Had forgotten about this post. Thanks for answering. And yay for Fox Farms!

Comment

Didn't Monsanto buy the Miracle grow corporation ? Anybody no for sure? Mega

Comment

Turns out that Scott's, who own Miracle Gro, are the exclusive distributors of Roundup. So it kind of amounts to the same thing. Am glad you brought this to my attention. I was never comfortable with Miracle Gro - now I will totally boycott it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sc...le-Gro_Company

Comment

I don't like it either. Mega

Comment

I've always avoided Miracle Gro. I don't trust their products. Knowing they are owned by Scott's is the final nail in the coffin. I cannot support them or endorse them in any way.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the post.

Comment

What kind of peoples are making things like monsanto do
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• slohan
                    slohan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey lonegrover, people with large farms have been using roundup for a very long time. excuse me for being a bit rude but it's the dumbasses that spray this product up wind and don't wash it off that learn a hard lesson. I am not condoning this but have used it and heavier products for 50 years. up in Washington we have a blackberry infestation and very few chems will work to curtail it. Tordon is what I use and for simple weeds - Roundup. My kids are all grown with kids of their own and not a sick one in the lot. I think the term common sense applies here - gotta have it---gotta use it. I am not sure I would put it around my Veg garden but have seen it done - I just shake my head. I own two places, one has a pond and the other a creek - I don't spray there either. like I said - common sense
                Working...
                X