Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturnalia
    replied
    That's how I would do it. Maybe a hydro grower can give you more specific advice.

Leave a comment:

• 2BSelfEfficient
    replied
    Ok Thanks Saturnalia. I'll do that. I'm looking forward to my next Grow. Probably won't start until May though. Going on a vacation and don't think they would last for 19 or 20 days by themselves. That sucks too , because I really want to start again right now lol. But that will give me time to get the new set up together and ready to go. So when doing nutes in general, do you have a feeding idea to start out with . Should I start with say , a quarter of what it says to use ? Then go up from there a little at a time until I see the start of issues ? I know for sure , getting anywhere near the recommended feeding on the bottles would probably kill the girls straight up.

Leave a comment:

• Saturnalia
    replied
    Different strains will respond differently to nutes. In general the indicas should be more tolerant than the sativas. Just a generalisation though.
    By visual guide I think GBAuto is maybe saying use your eyes rather than the guide on the packet. Start off week, increase the strength until you see the first sign of claw or burn, then dial it back a notch. Hydro is much less forgiving than soil so keep a good eye on them.

Leave a comment:

• 2BSelfEfficient
    replied
    Ok , thanks. I'll see if I can find a good visual guide. Gonna try either Blue or Purple Kush next , or maybe some Pineaple Express, as long as their Indy dominant. All except for the trichome part , it was very enjoyable to grow my own meds. It's a way awesome thing , and I believe one of the prettiest plants created. Gonna do away with the plain ole bubble buckets and upgrade to a GH Water Farm. Gotta research it for a bit first though . So long as I can drain the entire system once every 5 to 7 days , without having to move the girls. It will be a done deal. Also , gotta find out a sure fire way to prevent algae from growing on the Hrdroton , since it's a drip ReCircDWC system. Loving this stuff guys, knowing what I'm getting and not possibly getting ripped off by street thugs is a great thing lol. 2BSelfEfficient is all I want.

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    replied
    It's all good...I think that you'll find that different breeds react in different ways to nutrients, at least that's what I discovered. Best way I've found is to use a visual guide of nutrient deficiency or toxicity to tell me what's going on. Then I can make adjustments to my nutrient mix to address that problem. Wish it was 'Miracle Gro' simple but it hasn't been like it for me...

Leave a comment:

• 2BSelfEfficient
    replied
    Alright Alright Alright lol. Ok people , ny first ever grow is over. Not too shabby , but not as good as I hoped either . Started with 3 Northern Lights , but lost one early on. It stunted and wouldn't grow at all. Finally died. Didn't have too many problems , but a couple things need to be corrected, tan spots on leaves and some clawing here and there through out the grow. Not too sure the problems were caused by to high of heat or nutes. I'd venture to say nutes since I got the heat under control pretty quick. I don't think I ever went over half the strength , the info on the bottles said to use , due to the clawing. The tan spots never seemed to get really bad , just here and there during most of the Grow. Used pH perfect Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom. I have to find some kind of receipe for nutes and any recommended additives,along with a schedule before my next starts , to try and prevent these issues. Discovered that a 4x4x6'7" tent isn't big enough for two plants, at least not for me, so ive now progressed to a larger size. The 8'x8'x7'3" Hydro Hut Fortress. Also , trying to see the trichomes was a real PITA. Everything I tried , USB microscopes and the 420 Scope were junk , at least for me. Turns out , "Thanks to Saturnalia" , all I needed was a 40x & 60x jewelers loupe
    Last edited by 2BSelfEfficient; 02-19-2017, 06:56 AM. Reason: Incorrect spelling

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    replied
    70's are the sweet spot. They will tolerate upper 80's but use alot of water. I only do a single grow each year timed to start in Dec. and hopefully done by June before it gets to hard to keep room temp in the 70's.
    I use GH Flora Trio-works just fine for me
    Last edited by gbauto; 12-19-2016, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Waynef
    replied
    New at hydro having some issues what temp to keep room and what is a good food to run with

Leave a comment:

• be4meliz
    replied
    Another first time noob, but based on countless hrs. of research and having grown back in the day, can go with 1/4 dose of nutrients(flora products) for seedlings make sure source of water is Ph'd properly (variations on this, but 5.6- 6.2-) after adding nutes, also Ph up and down, get a ppm tester and ph pen(both around 16 bucks on Amazon) ML syringe, timers, temp/ humidity digital reader, Hydroguard( to prevent rootrot in Dwc Make sure and add Micro first, mixing thuroughly, then the others, also thoroughly mixed. Never add all together at once without mixing. Rapid Rooter plugs are Awesome for germinating. just got 4 White Widow auto fems to all pop in 3 days. And research, research,Etc. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    replied
    Originally posted by agent47 View Post
    Flora brand
    I run a RDWC system and I kept the ppm levels at about 50% of what GH suggested until well into veg and then I let the plant tell me when it had enough. Simple systems, follow basic steps and it will grow some amazing meds.

Leave a comment:

• Billy big buds
    replied
    Im having amazing results with epsom product from walmart and a kelp micro green bottle also from walmart

Leave a comment:

• agent47
    replied
    Flora brand

Leave a comment:

• Katzie_Wolf71
    replied
    Originally posted by agent47 View Post
    First time hydro dwc grow. I've got my system all set up.The one thing I'm worried about is the nutrients what should the nutrient levels in the container be Is it different for each stage and if so can someone please tell me or tell me were to get it.
    What brand of nutrients are you using? And being a beginner you should read up lots in the site as there is loads of info for you to use.

Leave a comment:

• agent47
    replied
    First time hydro dwc grow. I've got my system all set up.The one thing I'm worried about is the nutrients what should the nutrient levels in the container be Is it different for each stage and if so can someone please tell me or tell me were to get it.

Leave a comment:

• rob4545
    replied
    hi I'm thinking of getting a 3x3x6 grow tent. also the mars grow light 700 watt do you think I could grow 4 plants in the tent ? I'm a first time grower also . what strain would be easy to grow. the tent I'm looking at is a complete package tent 700 watt led grow light exahst fan 4 inch
    Last edited by rob4545; 10-25-2016, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X