Bud size/quantity question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud size/quantity question

Year 2 of my growing experience, I've learned a lot! This year I have 1 plant in my greenhouse (OG) and one in my outdoor garden (BD). Both are flowering and looking really good. Both have lots & lots of branches with lots & lots of little buds. My question is: is there a quality difference between a few big buds vs many small ones? In other words should I be thinning the buds?

You never thin out buds in my opinion just leave them alone and watch them grow, some strains will have nothing but smaller buds compared to others.

Comment

Im with katzie

Comment

i love that popcorn!!
        gary

Comment

Once the canopy has developed I pick out the popcorn that begins to form lower down. If I miss it and it gets a chance to form properly then I leave it. But if I catch it as soon as it starts to ​show I nip it out so as to send the energy flow further up the branch...

Comment

Ok, I'm leaving them on. The buds are growing so fast! Found a new (to me) strain that's good for insomnia, wish I'd known earlier. Well, there's next year.
            Thanks for your replies!!
            K

Comment

Buds are buds enjoy them all!

Comment

Well, the girls certainly seem happy! The plants are huge and every branch looks like this. No idea what I'll do with it all, the yield will be way more than I can use in a year!!

Comment

Nice looking plants.you are doing everything right. The last pic what strain is this?

Comment

That's Blue Dream!

Comment

These are looking great KWE. If you are going to leave all the lower buds on, you should maybe consider sectional harvesting. Basically the buds mature at different times, starting from the top down. Some people like to harvest all the top buds and then leave the lower buds another week or two to fatten up and mature a bit more. It's worth looking into.
                      Great to see you doing so well at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X