No announcement yet.

first time with grow room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on picture you can see strong healthy roots, but next day they was shrunk. then I realise they need water, so I spell there about 2L water, fill tray about 2-4mm water. next day roots looked much better . day after they was ready to go to pots!

Comment

ok, time to pot it! Bucket with 10L water + Canna a, b, canazym and something als, don't remember now, do more pic about it later. fill half pot with pebbles, dip it in bucket another pot same half dip it, place plant in middle and fill up with second bucked wet pebbles . nice and easy . contain of bucket in a tray and all new citizens in it, thermometer on pot, external sensor in water and that's it! IN air OUT water, I'm happy

Comment

ho is not ready on the tray and with it.

Comment

one BUT, I can't switch lights off coz temperature will go down so at the minute it run's all the time :|. only on full spec helios 4 LED it was 22C so I add'et 250W cfl 5500lum bulb, witch rise temperature up to 29C and on top got little fan with regulator it help's me get 24-26C and fresh air flow which is good for my babies . on weekend going to improve stability of temperature and try to go on 18/6.

Comment

and at the end, today I checked my seeds/plants and found it... it wasn't like that yesterday

Comment

Nice. Get those clones into pots. Having rooted they will grow more vigorously now than the seedlings. Try and get a wee heater for the attic. Just enough to bring it up a couple of degrees on cold nights. Especially around the roots zone. Winter is coming and it's going to get colder. I make sure my lights are on at night and off during the day so I can make the most from the heat of the lights. In summer I do it the other way around.
              I got one of these from ebay. It's cheap and really helps.
              Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. What strain are the clones?

Comment

hallo Saturnalia, little correction, clones already in pots, that's seeds still in rockwool cubes but two days ago they bean transferred to pots. got electric heater with thermostat, looks like temperature stabilized, also fit fan by sealing facing down to mix hot air from top with cool air at the bottom. over the weekend I managed change floor boards and cover all walls with 50mm kingspan, temperature now very stable. got other problem now, since I start using heater humidity go down from 60% to 40%, and I can see it on plants, some of leaves getting a bit yellow, they lost that strong green colour. how I can lift humidity back?
                P.S. what I realise that perfect grow room must have underfloor heating, that would get all headache out with a temperature and humidity. simply set temperature of floor to whatever you like and if humidity too low you can put tray with water an this way rise humidity up .

put some pics, today is 3 weeks for seeds and 2 weeks clones:

Comment

Came across this method of raising humidity by getting a bowl of water and rest one end of a towel inside the bowl of water and keep other end raised up.

Comment

Hey NoFear. All seems better now. Good job with the Kingspan. That's great stuff and should help regulate the heat nicely.
                    40% RH should be about right. I wish I had it. Cant' get mine below 70%. It's easier to raise it than lower it. I have a stool straddled across my heater which I use to bottom heat my clones. A bowl of water on that would easily up the RH.
                    Your plants look great. You still never told us what strain they are.

Comment

hi, in very first photo of my post is all packaging with names of strains I bot from seedman.
                      there is:
                      3x super lemon haze auto,
                      2x feminized autopilot XXL,
                      3x auto white widow,
                      3x cheez fem,
                      3x feminized mazar.
                      unfortunately only 12 survived and in all my lake of experience I manage to mix them up and have no clue what is what ;(.
                      But to be honest I'm happy with result even without knowing a strain .

Comment

today is day 37, 5 weeks and 2 days. I already increased size on pots to half of my plants, rest will be done on weekend. Lights LED only, got little humidifier RH ~60% now, temperature 24-26C, timer 16/8. How they looks like? will leave you to judge...

Comment

Comment

nice looking grow NoFear, looks like you got everything under control now.
                            gary

Comment

• Gene87
                              Gene87 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hey I'm a first time grower got any advice using cfls

told ya Gene87 the more the merrier what more would you like to know about cfl? If you google on setups there is tonnes all over.

Comment

Hi everyone, Few days after my last post nearly all at the same time start grow flowering buds! I both automatic seats and that probably cause by them. Plants started grow fast, some of them mad fast! One day I spread them about 100mm from each other and next day they touching. I'm runing out of space and my place will be ready only after weekend. Post few new photos tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X