DWC root rot EMERGENCY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWC root rot EMERGENCY

I have cleaned it up with frequent res changes, flushs and peroxide. but it threatens to come back, whats the best treatment. Ive got lots of oxygen and Im adding more. I use Gh flora series and some gH additives. Is Rapidstart helpful( I ran out for a week or so, low funds) or should I use a subculture

My garden:
    4 fem WW from seed, about 4 weeks old 9 or so inches DWC GH floraseries 400w HPS ph is stable I fluctuate from 5.5 to 6.5 hold around 5.9 water temps a lite high, but I found a cool way to bring it down I keep a gallon of current nute recipe
    in fridge Itake a galloonout and rplace it with the cold nutes. Fridgerate the warm nutes ad through everything outoncea week

HELP

When I had this problem I removed them from the rez, and gently hosed off the rot

Put them into fresh nutes at a max temp of 75*s. I add frozen jugs of water to keep temps down

What does lots of oxygen mean to you?

In a 4g rez I use > 19 liter/min 4 head air pump + 4 large oxystones

Hydro pH is lower than other methods ~ 5.5- 6.0, with 5.8 being a decent sweet spot

Nail this and you won't need additives/band-aids

Originally posted by Dudesdog View Post
    I have cleaned it up with frequent res changes, flushs and peroxide. but it threatens to come back, whats the best treatment. Ive got lots of oxygen and Im adding more. I use Gh flora series and some gH additives. Is Rapidstart helpful( I ran out for a week or so, low funds) or should I use a subculture

My garden:
    4 fem WW from seed, about 4 weeks old 9 or so inches DWC GH floraseries 400w HPS ph is stable I fluctuate from 5.5 to 6.5 hold around 5.9 water temps a lite high, but I found a cool way to bring it down I keep a gallon of current nute recipe
    in fridge Itake a galloonout and rplace it with the cold nutes. Fridgerate the warm nutes ad through everything outoncea week

HELP
    Last edited by PhatNuggz; 03-29-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

@dudesdog. Also keeping all equipment in tip top clean and sanitary conditions is paramount when doing hydroponically. You probably already know this, but I know how easy it is to get complacent. B'coz of this its essential that you remind yourself of the basics :- clean sanitary conditions.. Etc....

Comment

You know that when you bathe for example, your skin pores open or close depending on water temperature.

I am not saying to use hot water to make the roots drink (that would probably burn them).

But I do however believe that the roots will not drink cold water as their skin pores will close them selves as well.

I use house temp water. I don't have a air pump so i just let the water sit in my blender. A little spin and... boom, you got air in your house temp water !!

-hope this helps.

Comment

UPDATE: My final (and to date, best) solution was to use a fresh bottle of peroxide, one with a small squirt hole in the cap, Took the net pots out and one by one sprayed the roots with straight 3percent h202 the dead slimey roots slughed off, I used about a 1/4 bottle per plant. Then I rinsed the roots and the net pots with cool tap water using the sinks sprayer to thoroughly clean the roots. I cleaned and sterilized(again) the res. fresh tap water refill n res, chlorine and all. Added Florashield circulated for a few ours then added nutes with a lite hand, also added a fifth pump to my 7 gallon res. and new tubing and air stones for all the girls. I increased nute strength after new sparkling white roots appeared and the plants started bustin out green lush indica growth The ph is perfect almost always and the temp was over 70 I use those quart plastic jugs, the ones that look like gallon milk jugs shrunk to a quart. I keep a couple water filled in the freezer and I also use those freeze bags for coolers, I double bag them and hang them over the edge of the res. Temps are now around 65-70. Added some geat white a few days after the res change to alow the chlorine to dispel, also added rapid start a few days after that. Roots are going nutz, plants, which I had just turned to12/12, are blooming.

Comment

Working...
          X