How I grow The "Tall" Sativa, short, and bushy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 Bloom

Feeding every 3-4 days, with 1 scoop of Super Bloom 12-55-6, and alternating with Fox Farms, 1 scp. of Cha Ching 9-50-10, every other feeding. also 2 tbs. of Epsom salt, every 3rd feeding. And believe it or not, 4 tbs. of Brer Rabbit, all natural, Unsulphured, full flavor, Molasses, every 4th feeding. All mixed in a 5 gallon bucket. I also heat my water with an Aqua~heat, to 88 degrees. Each plant gets 6-8 cups of this nutrient mixture. This is why I keep a log on what gets fed, and when. Alternating your nutrient ingredients, can be confusing, unless you write them down, when you prepare your nutrient mixture, for feeding. Notice all the bud sites, from using the multi~branch training, technique.

DSCN1776 W.jpgDSCN1778 W.jpgDSCN1779 W.jpgDSCN1780 W.jpgDSCN1781 W.jpg

More to Follow
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Tangerine Dream The exceptional crossing of G13 with Neville’s A5 Haze – with the resulting plant again crossed with G13 – Tangerine Dream is sativa-dominant strain offering tangy, intense sweet citrus aromas and flavors as well as effects that are at once cerebral and relaxing. The best of both worlds for smokers and growers.

Considering its attributes, Tangerine Dream’s 70-day flowering time is remarkably short, and the one-meter high plants, with their strong and numerous side branches, yield an impressive minimum of 500 grams per square meter. Colas grow large and tight, especially for a sativa-dominant strain, and are flecked with red and orange hairs and frosted with a shimmering layer of fine THC crystals. A taste sensation offering clean and long lasting effects. Tangerine Dream evokes a citrus fruit fantasy and, somehow, an even more enchanting reality. How one strain can offer some many seemingly contrasting attributes is a shining example of advancing genetics and husbandry.

This innovative, Sativa-dominant strain starts with the legendary G13 plant, known for it’s intense flavors and strong effects, which is crossed with the unusually refined and exotic Neville’s A-5 Haze. The resulting plant is again crossed with G13. The aesthetic total, however, far exceeds the sum of its genetic parts, as Tangerine Dream offers the visceral sensations of tearing into fresh citrus: a spray of essential oils from the peel with its complex and pleasant bitterness; deep, pungent aromas fill the air, and then, the concentrated, tangy sweet flavor of fruit and juice on the tongue. An experience both refreshing and intense.

The large, tight colas – unusually firm and substantial for a sativa-dominant strain – are flecked with orange and red hairs, and frosted with a shimmering layer of THC crystals. A focused, fruit scent, accented with a whisper of earthy, herbal notes, is obvious even before Tangerine Dream is lit. The smoke offers an even more concentrated citrus fragrance, and zippy sweet flavors that linger on the tongue. These sensations are an excellent introduction to the high that follows: the happy, cerebral energy of sativa layering over just the right amount of indica relaxation.

Growers, too, benefit from a joyful paradox: the flowering time of 70 days is very brief for a sativa-dominant plant, and the yields, of at least 500 grams per square meter, are exceptionally high. Plants grow to a height of about one meter, with strong and substantial side braches able to support their big, dense flowers. With minimum THC levels of 25% and CBD at 1.8%, Tangerine Dream truly lives up to its name.

DSCN1867 W.jpg Theirs, and mine.

More to Follow
      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Lemon Skunk Feminized
        Indoor
        This strain is a cross between two Skunks, the chosen phenotype selected for its lemon characteristics. The Lemon mother has been kept for over 20 years in Las Vegas and the father was chosen here in Holland. The male was donated by Eddie, formally the owner of one of the oldest and most prestigious seed banks in the Netherlands. This original prize male was selected and used in many breeding projects throughout the years. The Lemon Skunk will grow tall and is a good yielder. She has great smelling buds. Her buds are light green with thick orange hairs. She has a high calyx to leaf ratio. This strain is the tastiest and sweetest if she is cut down between 50 and 56 days. Skunk 60% Sativa : 40% Indica.

Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks Yield: 400-500g/m2

DSCN1826Forum.jpg Here is my lemon~Skunk

DSCN1807 avatar.jpgI need a better camera, and should have taken a natural light photo, and a close up, to capture all the resin this plant produced. I was very satisfied with the outcome. it was a fine Hybrid. 2 hits that sends you to the zone. 60% sativa, and 40% Indica. What a nice combo, for the most relaxing, and stress free, high. I wish I would have cloned this strain, because it is Fantastic. I ended up with 5-6 oz's of good bud.DSCN1831 Forum.jpgplus 2 more jars.

More to Follow

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-20-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Week 7 Bloom

Had to put bamboo stakes on a few of the plants, because they were getting to top heavy. Oh yea!

DSCN1805.jpgDSCN1804 W.jpgDSCN1806.jpgDSCN1807 avatar.jpg

More to follow

Comment

Hydro as opposed to Soil

Hey Blazd, was reading through this post and just wanted to say first, I feel your pain. I started on motorcycles at age 3, my Dad was a rider, and have been an avid participant in the Harley lifestyle for well over 40 years now. Like you, my lower back and hips are shot, not to mention all the other injuries from wrecks. Just a thought on your growing medium though. Since you're growing indoors anyway, have you considered Hydro instead of the soil mix you posted? If it's organics you're concerned with, there are truly a huge variety of organic hydro mixes, and many that are tailored for cannabis. Just a thought. I'm actually growing in soil myself right now, but mines an outdoor grow this run.

Comment

Thanks, Then you know about hip, and back pain, from a rigid frame, for 25 years, or so. It is what it is.

I have thought about hydroponics, but with the budget like it is here, I can only do my growing in soil. I don't know that much about Hydro, and can't afford the set~up, right now. So for now, I'm just growing 2 plants, outdoors, 4 the summer, in 10 gal. containers, (areo~bags), instead of 5 gal. buckets, with the hope that they will grow bigger, than the plants I had grown before.

I am wore out from growing to many plants, at one time, over the past few seasons, and am taking a breather, 4 a~bit.

I have decided to grow some of the more exotic strains, like Thi, and Hawaiian, the old school strains. The CBD kali~mist, and some good Sativa's 4 awhile. The Kali~mist, thought to be the best Sativa, on the planet.

I have provided myself with loads of bud, from these past seasons, growing like a madman, That I just want to kick~it now, and grow for pleasure. I don't think I can ever go without growing something, I love it so much. Plus I don't trust anyone, and have never had a problem, with the law, or friends wanting my bud, cause no one knows, that I grow, period, (except my wife). It's been tough keeping it a secret, but well worth all the precautions, I took to stay safe, and incognito.
              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-20-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Just a little curious, about what your using in your soil mix? If you don't mind sharing it? Always good to have more info, and to see what others are using, as a growing medium.

Comment

Soil Comp

Nothing real fancy. No added ingredients other than the soil mix and some grow rocks to keep the air ratio. I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest with Age Old Grow fertilizer every other watering. Plants are right at 7 weeks right now. Started them about a month before I actually received my production license, but within 2 days of getting the last doctor to sign off on my application. Glad now I did, needed the extra few weeks.

Not sure what one of the strains is, as the seeds were found in some low grade homegrown. The other was a seed I found in some Lemon Kush from one of the dispensaries here. Was really surprised it germinated, but it's doing far better than the "homegrown" crap. Not as tall, but bushier and greener. It is also sucking up nitrogen like crazy. Tried pushing the envelope to see how much they'd take, and the Kush was sucking up 2 ounces per gallon of the Age Old while the Homegrown was burning. Backed it off to 1 ounce and have been at that for 3 weeks now.

Comment

I pretty much, just use a little more then half of the recommended amount of nutrients, cause I don't want to smoke my bud, that's all hopped~up on grow juice. I also leach~off all nutrients, 2 weeks before their done Blooming, to remove those nutrients, from the soil.

I take my plants out~side, and run the hose in their continers, and leach them real good, like 10-15 minutes, in each container to get ride of as much of the nutrients that have built up in their containers, as I can, Then they get straight water, until harvest.

This step is a must do, or you'll have that taste in your bud, and that sucks.

Comment

Leaching

I always leach during the flowering stage.. But I also only use organic or natural fertilizers as I don't like the idea of chemicals added to my plants. I want them as natural as I can get them, just the way Mother Nature intended. The Homegrown I have actually had to remove from nutrients completely. Even on a weaker solution the new growth is still burning on half what it was getting before the burning started. Have decided it's probably not a really hardy strain, and it's more Sativa than the Lemon. It's stretchier, and far more woody than the Lemon.

Comment

Week 9 Bloom

DSCN1844 W.jpgDSCN1845 W.jpgDSCN1846 W.jpgDSCN1848 W.jpgDSCN1849 W.jpg

More to Follow

Comment

Week 9 Bloom (More Photo's)
                          DSCN1851 W.jpgDSCN1852 W.jpgDSCN1855 W.jpgDSCN1856 htg.jpg

Leached, (Flushed) and fed water only, till Harvest.

More to Follow
                          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-27-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Close~up! How about that resin, (Crystal's)? The buds are so sticky, still, after being stored in glass jars, 4 a month.

DSCN1858 W.jpg

More to Follow
                            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-27-2013, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Another Close~up! kinda. I need a better camera, I know, ha ha

DSCN1865 W.jpg

More to Follow
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-27-2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Brought Outside for photo's, before Harvest.DSCN1894 W.jpgDSCN1896 W.jpgDSCN1899.jpgDSCN1904 W.jpg

More to Follow
                                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 07-01-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X