X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroponic indoor grow

Hey Everyone

First time grower so bare with me.

Ive turned a card board box into the perfect hydro grow box its has all the requirements
    Needed I'm just short information on what i should set the cycle to?

Ive been told to put it them on 16/8 cycle but did some research and came up with putting the
    Lights on for a bitt longer a the start for say 18/6?

The catchy thing is this little bugger has been trasnferd from another hyrdo system. The plant was hidden under two other plants that took all its light so it just stayed the same. Hopefully she will start growing now that its
    Going to have plenty of light!

Thoughts on lighting cycle would be great
    And how offten i should put the nutrients to her?
    Last edited by Goingin4thekill; 03-08-2013, 04:24 AM. Reason: Not attracting any attention

Light Cycles

Hi,

Nothing to "bear" with. You are doing fine and we've all been there. Could you add a few pieces of information to your post so the "experts" in growing (not me) can answer properly? I can help with the lighting, but I too need some more information:

1. Type of lighting used and power rating (in Watts)
    2. Strain you are growing
    3. Dimensions of your grow box
    4. Are you using reflectives (such as mylar, titanium white paint, etc.) on the walls of your grow box?
    5. Brand and type of nutes you are using
    6. Growing medium (soil, hydro, etc.)
    7. Type of irrigation (run to waste or recovered water, as with most hydroponics)

I have successfully vegged with lights on 24hrs, but you say your "kids" were hidden under other plants and therefore, malnourished, as far as lighting goes. I would not subject them to 24 hours of light right away, but I would start them off at 18 hours on, 6 off. If you like, you can try to ease them into a 24hr mode later, but it should not be necessary.

Your type of lighting and mounting height of your lights is important. If you are using LEDs, they should be mounted as close as possible to your plant tops, while still covering the whole canopy. If using High Intensity Discharge (HID) lighting, such as Metal Halide (MH) or High Pressure Sodium (HPS), they should be mounted higher, to keep them from burning your plants. Using HID and growing in soil, you'll want to keep a closer eye on the water needs of your plants, due to accelerated evaporation.

This should be a start. There are many talented growers in this blog that should be able to help with the rest.

Happy Growing!

jonnywatt

Comment

Working...
    X