Why do my 2week babies have dots and cracks on their leaves? :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do my 2week babies have dots and cracks on their leaves? :(

My plant looked healthy till they turned 2 weeks they first developed lil yellow dots now today they developed cracks on their leaves??? is it because i spray them with water everyday and leave them under the heat lamp all day??? Is this normal? what can i do? and most importantly will they make it???

securedownload[1].jpg

Could be caused by heat burn, depends how close the lamps are to the leaves. Yellow spots are also often a symptom of nutrient burn, these are very young plants, are you feeding them full strength nutes?
    If you are giving them full strength nutes then ease of for a bit and flush them through. If not, and you're pretty sure that it is caused by heat, lift the lamps a few inches and spray the leaves less often and with a finer mist.

Comment

Rude,

There are so many reasons plants can have yellow spots on their leaves that it is hard to tell you what exactly is causing it without actually seeing it.
      Most likely reasons are nutrient burn (from getting some of your fertilizer solution on the leaves, or feeding too much in general), nutrient deficiency (most often caused by an improper pH), or a pest of some type (mites, nematodes, virus, etc.)

What I would do if they were mine:

1. Water the pot to the point of run-off for several minutes to help flush some to the excess fertilizer out of the soil.
      2. Check very closely (with a magnifying glass) for any sign of mites or other insect pest. Check for feces, dead ones, live ones, anything. Also, allow the soil surface to dry out between waterings to help reduce the likelihood of mites, etc. And maybe use an insecticide/miticide also.
      3. Check the pH of your soil with whatever you can get your hands on. You don't NEED a digital pH meter (although they are AWESOME!), but just use whatever you can get quickly and cheaply (pH strips?) to get a general idea of your pH and adjust as necessary.

Try to keep/adjust your soil pH to between 6 and 7 (I aim for 6.3-6.6). I regularly check the pH of commercial potting mixes, and because of the peat moss in them, the pH is generally between 4.8-5.8. This is TOO LOW (Acidic) for happy herb, so I always add lime (regular garden lime, and the more fine the better) to commercial potting mixes to bring the pH up to a usable point.
      I personally believe, based on experience, that people generally don't put enough emphasis and/or effort into adjusting soil to the proper pH before planting. I am guilty of the same thing, so I'm not judging. And once I learned how to better control the pH, my effort/results ratio skyrocketed. It was a beautiful thing

If it is nutrient burn, pests, or pH issues, these three steps will go a long way toward saving your plants. And since you are taking action so soon, if you can get things under control in the next few days/week, you should have no problem saving your plants.

Good luck, and if you need any more assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Working...
      X