5x9 tent set up suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5x9 tent set up suggestions

Just got an 5x9 gorilla tent and looking for suggestions from you all.
    1.should go with 2 600watt hps or 2 1000watt hps
    2. And what size containers 3-5gallon
    3. Obviously 3gal will allow me put more plants in my tent but what do you folks suggest for maximum usage of space vs. Yield. I know this question is subjective to personal preferences,I'm open to all suggestions.
    Thanks for any advice

I would be tempted to buy 1000W dimmable. That way you have more options. You will be frustrated if you opt for the 600W and then decide at a later date that it is not enough. You can run the 1000W at 600 or 750 and always have more power up your sleeve if you feel you need it. Lumatek make a great 1000W dimmable ballast.
    As for the container sizes, well I prefer to grow bigger plants when possible so I like bigger containers. I used to find that cramming more plants in and turning them around more quickly was the way. But now days I prefer to spend more time training them and vegging them up before flowering. The difference in yield varies. I find it is generally better. But it is way more fun that way.

Comment

Originally posted by chronic seahawk View Post
      Just got an 5x9 gorilla tent and looking for suggestions from you all.
      1.should go with 2 600watt hps or 2 1000watt hps
      2. And what size containers 3-5gallon
      3. Obviously 3gal will allow me put more plants in my tent but what do you folks suggest for maximum usage of space vs. Yield. I know this question is subjective to personal preferences,I'm open to all suggestions.
      Thanks for any advice
      seahawk

Things to take into account would be where you live, (Real cold in winter), where your tent is located, (Indoors or in an outbuilding, or in your basement). Enough strong Intake and exhaust to cool HID's and control moisture since your growing thru the winter months.

If you have (strong intake and exhaust) you could use one of your 1000 wt. lights, to keep your tent cooled enough for your plants to grow safely. I have grown 9 plants in 5 gallon containers in a 4'x8'x7' grow room, at a time (and was a bit worried about them growing to close together, but turned out fine.) with strong exhaust and intake with 1000wt. HID's, before, but never tried two 1000wt. lights. Not too sure about how 2, 1000wt. lights, would work out in a grow tent.

Maybe safer to grow with 2 600 wt.'ers in a grow tent if your grow tent is located inside your home and you have strong intake and exhaust. 2, 1000wt. lights might be pushing it a bit, unless your tent is outside your home in a outbuilding, or in your basement and you live in a cold location during winter and have strong intake and exhaust.

You will also need to consider how you will heat your tent when lights are off, if you are growing outside of your home, or in a basement. A space heater with a thermostat should be able to do the job, if needed. Hope this is of some help.

Good Luck.
      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-26-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Thx guys,kinda leaning towards the 2 600s but depending on price of 2variable 1000s could go that way, it may give me better options if I upgrade my room later.... Blazd my tent is in the garage and weather is some what moderate in WA state. It all comes down to $$$ I guess. Well you guys gave me something to smoke about..lol think about.

Comment

If you get them lights that are air cooled you could probably get away with two 1000w's or as someone else said which i agree on also is to get a dimmable lights that way you have more control. For myself i im a lover of LED lights for growing.

Comment

Working...
          X