new lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new lights

well my new led lights have arrived, 2x800w with the 10w led bulbs. I was wondering do I put the two on straight away or one on for the first few weeks ? they are on 18hrs 600w hps light just now, but really ready to go into flower. That's me going from 2x600w hps light to these 2 canny wait, that fire put me off the hps plus these only use 150w each. so a wee saving on electric.

Nice one. Can you post a link or picture so we can see them? How many plants under?
    They may take a while to get used to them. I would make sure they are well happy before flipping.

Comment

I've got 3 plants under them ( I've only got one light on just now tho ) I gave them just about a week and they were growing fine. I've got to say even with my heaters on I'm saving a fortune in electric. big big difference. I'll get pics up soon. So I'm all modern now ha..
      Before.. two 600w hps pluss a 50w tube heater,
      Now.. two 800w, but run on 150w put in an extra 50w heater.
      Plus my other lights were cool lights with vent pipes running from each one so now that's all away and the new led's are smaller so I've gained a lot of room also..

Comment

Coco, please take this advice. Those 150W(pretend 800) lights you're running produce about 25% of the photons that your HPS made. Unless you are running state of the art led's, you are not going to see ANY increase in efficacy(efficiency) over an HID rig. Each of those fixtures sounds like they MAY be capable of flowering a single plant.

Comment

I'm not having any probs so far the plants seem to be doing well. but I suppose the proof is in the pudding as they say. I've just ordered another 1000w one to go with my other light. I've read on other places people saying that Leds are leds no matter if they are mega bucs rigs or cheepos it's the same lights. just the fans ect are different. Looking on a few reviews of these one's most seemed happy with them. I've been running my big one now for over a year and found it's good, (it's not the same brand). the money I'm saving on electric plus I'm not going to have the leccy comp wondering why I'm using so much. and giving the cops a wee call.

Comment

[QUOTE=cococeltic;n47372 I've read on other places people saying that Leds are leds no matter if they are mega bucs rigs or cheepos it's the same lights. just the fans ect are different. [/QUOTE]
            Well, in a cosmic sense, lights are lights. I don't know what your motivations are but it only makes sense to me to invest in equipment only if it's going to be an improvement. While most of the 'blurple' lamps will grow meds, it wasn't until I ran some better quality lights that I saw the effect on production. As far as all led's being essentially the same-they work on the same principle but just like comparing a Vega to a Prius, one is a giant leap in efficiency over the other.

Comment

I've not had a problem so far, my crops are heavy and the smoke is good. I did a bit of digging before I bought them and they had a load of positives I also know a couple of people with the same lights and they like them. I have a led light that costs over £800 to buy, and the cheaper ones seem to be doing the same job.. but thank you for your input ;0) As they say the proof will be in the smoking..

Comment

Working...
              X