Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kbag
    replied
    I brought the Mars Hydro 2 900 watt for 130 off the bay, The hardest part of growing with it is most likely my lack of confidence in it with a hps you know where to place to get a certain stretch you want etc. I started my led at 20" above the plants was way to much for them so i moved it up to 40" still i have no stretch with really tight nodes. If i use it again i would start off at 5' above the plants.
    One thing i did like about it, was i had a slight sulphur deficiency and under the light you could see it if you took the plant out of the light you could not. This allowed me to fix the deficiency quickly before it become a real issue.
    Until i finish my first grow with the led i guess i will lack confidence in the light, leds imo are like a minefield so many conflicting opinions let alone all the technical details spectrums, manufactures, light angle, par values. lumens the list of factors seems to go on and on.

Leave a comment:

• oleman
    replied
    I bought my hydros off ebay and I think I gave 265 for the 600 watt and about 210 for the 450 waters.
    I veged outside and brought them indoors for flower. I don't understand why your lights burned the plants at 18". Heck I had 1 of the 450s just about touching and had no problems. The other lights were about 16" above the canopy. Good luck Slo. Mike

Leave a comment:

• slo-han
    replied
    Seems that all I read and what I experienced - the led lights penetrate well and can burn real easy. I guess starting way back and look for legs is the ticket on all of them. They say 18 inches but I had to back off about 2 feet with those 225's until they acclimated to such intensity. I lean toward the mars hydro's as they are switchable from veg to bloom. They are also the most counterfeited as well so.......................hey what was the price you guy's paid for these puppies? I paid about 30 bucks American for each one on sale which is why I call them cheap china lights. I had the clones under them and they did good but they all ended up outside. I will state that some of those cheap china's are usless. I researched a bit and ended up with ones that had white as well as amber and red and blue - some are one color - NOT - -slo

Leave a comment:

• Katzie_Wolf71
    replied
    I use the Growth Star Power Bloom plus 280w. LED its strictly for bud phase but i have no complaints and done pretty well. Just need to have it higher my next time round, had it too close to the tops my last time round.

Leave a comment:

• Saturnalia
    replied
    Hi Slo. Been running the Spectrum Kings. Very pleased with the results. Veg is great and the plants I've flowered have some good firm buds. I did a diary on the Black Diesel which turned out OK, although the bag seed I was growing next to them was much better!
    Am just about to flip what I have going on in the tent. Some Critical, BB X NL and more cuttings from the lovely bag seed. Should be within the next two weeks. I will post a diary when I do and you can watch and see how they perform.

Leave a comment:

• oleman
    replied
    I run the Marshydro lights and they seem to work well for me. I think this next early spring I'm gonna try a scrog with them..
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• slo-han
    started a topic Led light Discussion!

Led light Discussion!

I have been looking in the internet and reading up on Leds. It seems that pretty much all of them come from China. Does any one have a led system that did not? I am hoping for a discussion that doesn't turn into mine is better and we can share the good and the bad of your led system. I have been looking at King, Mars Hydro, Joy Hydro grow and one called Gro Star. I myself have two 225 panels that carry full spectrum(so they say) and have had good veg times but did not go into bloom with them so I can share some info on that. How about any one else - what do you have and how is it working out. Please lets keep this to Leds and thanks - -slo-han
Working...
X