Adding a 2700K CFL with 5000K's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a 2700K CFL with 5000K's

Hello,.. I just started my first grow,.. in a closet using 4-100W 5000K CFL bulbs which will be upgraded to 4-200W 6500K bulbs in a few days,.. plants are only one week old started from seed, they sprouted on the 18th Feb.
    I was wondering if adding a 100W or 200W 2700K CFL would be good for plants to add full spectrum of orange and blue,.. or is this not needed while in veg or seedling stage,.. thanks in advance for any advice.

Yup that will work great doing that as long as there is more 6500K light to 2700K for veg and vise versa for flowering more 2700K then 6500K.

Comment

Hey breag- plants thrive on light, now this is confusing as you are growing roots - not plants - see told ya - you get a healthy root ball you have a healthy plant. I started with one cfl pushing 96k lumens and was advised to bring my 250 watt flower cfl into play. It came alive w/the addition and will be flipping this weekend(running out of height). From what I can figure if ya got the light bring it on - use the right nuets and don't drown it and you will grow something sweet. - slo-han

Comment

Thanks for the help,.. added in a 200W 2700K bulb this morning.

Comment

Nice. A fuller spectrum is always going to be better in my book.

Comment

I transplanted into 2 gal containers and topped plants last night at two weeks old,.. seems they like getting sniped they are standing tall next morning with tons of new growth.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X