Beginner questions on lighting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner questions on lighting.

What I plan on running with right now are two florescent lights in my summer room and one HPS in my fall room. I am getting a HPS from a friend and am waiting to see it so I know exactly what I have and need in that department but don't know what to look for when I get my hands on it. As far as the florescent goes, I read I need one warm white and one cool white bulb in each light. What wattage would be good to veg 3-4 plants up to about 3-4 feet? I see the industrial lights at home depot say t12 and people here talk about t5, what is this? Below I will post a screenshot of my current plan for my grow room to give you an idea of what I am working with.

room002.jpg
    The dimensions are as follows: 11'6"x7'5"x8'. I have a thread in the grow room design tab if you have suggestions on that.

Originally posted by Th1s_0ne_6uy View Post
    What I plan on running with right now are two florescent lights in my summer room and one HPS in my fall room. I am getting a HPS from a friend and am waiting to see it so I know exactly what I have and need in that department but don't know what to look for when I get my hands on it. As far as the florescent goes, I read I need one warm white and one cool white bulb in each light. What wattage would be good to veg 3-4 plants up to about 3-4 feet? I see the industrial lights at home depot say t12 and people here talk about t5, what is this? Below I will post a screenshot of my current plan for my grow room to give you an idea of what I am working with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1505[/ATTACH]
    The dimensions are as follows: 11'6"x7'5"x8'. I have a thread in the grow room design tab if you have suggestions on that.
    0ne 6uy

From the looks of this drawing you will need to lower those lights, at least half way down, if not more, to give your plants max coverage. T means tube. t12's are bigger around. t5's are the smallest and are best for growing. Colored (Cool white) or (bright white) are best suited for veg, because they have a slight blue hue. Colored (Soft white) is best suited for flowering, because of a very slight red/yellow hue, from what I have read. The higher the wattage is, the more growth you'll get.

On your HPS light your getting from a friend, chances are that it will need a new bulb. This happened to me I actually bought a used 600wt HID and used it for a month before I finally figured out that it needed a new bulb. I was watching what my 400wt light was doing and it out preformed the 600wt, so logic finally set in and I bought a new bulb for it and presto, new explosive growth.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 12-06-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I will have my lights on chains so I can raise and lower them as needed. Since the warm white is best for flowering, should I just run cool white in the summer room than?

Comment

Originally posted by Th1s_0ne_6uy View Post
        I will have my lights on chains so I can raise and lower them as needed. Since the warm white is best for flowering, should I just run cool white in the summer room than?
        0ne 6uy

Yes cool white for veg. Higher wattage for better growth.

Comment

Good deal. Thanks for the info.

Comment

is it possible led lights to burn my 3 weeks plants ? assuming i have like 30 cm between the light and the highest plant. The thing is I am suffering major problem with over feeding. I have uterly watched how their turn purple then faded into light green and now leaves are curled down. they rest in sponge like medium which i have already bathed ,water is changed few times ,kinda flushed but i really dont get it they do not emprove...

Comment

What is the wattage of your LED light? I have a 100W panel and i have had it within 4 or 5 inches from the highest top without any damage but some strains could be different i am sure. But then again ive always used CFL when i started from seed. And later introduced the LED light. But like i asked how powerful is your LED?

Comment

sometimes nitrogen is not the reason plants curl and tips turn brown. I'm finding out that it could sometimes be a lack of phos and mag. Try a low dose o flowering fert. If it get worse, flush it.

Comment

Working...
                X