LED's where to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED's where to buy?

Hello, first time poster here and very novice grower. Ive been doing some research and it seems that LED's is the way to go for overall cost and heat issues. i build a small grow room about 4'wx4'dx6'h. i am wondering which LED system i should get. i am only looking to start with one maybe two plants at the most for now. Has anyone here tried the supergrowled's? i am looking to keep it under 300 for the lights considering just a couple plants. do the supergrowled's really cover the full spectrum? will that one light take me from seed to flowering? or if anyone has any suggestions of LED's theyve used that have worked well in that price range.

please help
    thanks
    joe

I just signed up, so that's why this response seems a few weeks late....

Not sure how to say this, as this site has recommended them, but, I think you can do much better, especially if you can follow the directions regarding the DIY LED light on this thread. If, like me, that's too much money, well you could cut it in half for now, or if intimidated, I'm less so after reading it.

Still, if that scares you, the same tech is available from alibaba. search under led down light. Seems like the 15wers are the best price bargain. I saw some ads where you buy ~6 (which is perfect for minimum 2 x 2) also offer free shipping.

Simply buy as many as you can afford (making sure to mix CW + WW). They come with the spring clips to hold them in place once they are installed in a drop ceiling. Use those to hang them with. The wiring is simple.

Keep in mind that down lights have none of the research that SuperGrow has done, but they certainly do mimic the awesome DIY Led light here

Let us know

Originally posted by Joedizzle08 View Post
    Hello, first time poster here and very novice grower. Ive been doing some research and it seems that LED's is the way to go for overall cost and heat issues. i build a small grow room about 4'wx4'dx6'h. i am wondering which LED system i should get. i am only looking to start with one maybe two plants at the most for now. Has anyone here tried the supergrowled's? i am looking to keep it under 300 for the lights considering just a couple plants. do the supergrowled's really cover the full spectrum? will that one light take me from seed to flowering? or if anyone has any suggestions of LED's theyve used that have worked well in that price range.

please help
    thanks
    joe
    Last edited by PhatNuggz; 03-24-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Since my post I have been in contact with BML

since speaking with them I cancelled my order for down lights..

You can configure your own light and see real time specs to determine various parameters. They also sell individual rails in various sizes, and they use OSRAM diodes @ ~ $130 per rail. Pretty amazing

http://www.bmlhorticulture.com/

Comment

Well i think you're obviously here spamming this site to get traffic to it, you havent been active in any other thread besides you talking about this DIY LED outfit. Wish i was a admin cause i'd be ousting you in 2 shakes of a rattlers tail.

Comment

Looks like a Spammer on our Board!!

Pretty obvious, if you read all PhatNuggs posts.

Quote from PhatNuggs, below.

"
          Not sure how to say this, as this site has recommended them, but, I think you can do much better, especially if you can follow the directions regarding the DIY LED light on this thread. "Let us know"???????????

Not Cool, take that crap to ebay, fool.
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-28-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

You know what happens when you assume

The DIY I referenced is on this site, so how am I spamming?

The only thing obvious is, you are quick to judge, and none too bright

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
            Looks like a Spammer on our Board!!

Pretty obvious, if you read all PhatNuggs posts.

Quote from PhatNuggs, below.

"
            Not sure how to say this, as this site has recommended them, but, I think you can do much better, especially if you can follow the directions regarding the DIY LED light on this thread. "Let us know"???????????

Not Cool, take that crap to ebay, fool.

Comment

Post your "proof of the reference" of a Pryor DIY LED, by repley with quote.

The DIY I referenced is on this site, so how am I spamming?

I call em like I see em, bud.

The only DIY LED reference on this site, is from you. or as you stated, "Let us Know". That is straight~up spamming.

Comment

Large % of your posts here PhatNuggz you blab about this so called DIY LED site. You do the math buddy and tell us what it actually looks like you're doing here.

Comment

The DIY article Phatt Nuggz refers to is here - DIY LED Grow Light -
                  on our own site.
                  There has been another site that he mentions and we have asked him to stop linking to that now. Some confusion here on all sides. But it's cleared up now.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                    on our own site.
                    There has been another site that he mentions and we have asked him to stop linking to that now. Some confusion here on all sides. But it's cleared up now.
                    Thanks
                    Thanks Schmokin 4 shedding some light on this issue. The DIY Grow light link on our site shows a (tested on Cannabis) DIY light that could be used as the main lighting for growing.

The Other DIY lighting strips, brought into question by all of us that saw his link to a DIY (un~tested On Cannabis) light was not a main lighting configuration, but as I see it, more of a (supplemental lighting addition) to whatever light a grower has already, at best.

As JonnyWatt pointed out, it would take quite a few of those strips, to even come close to being the main lighting source to be used as main lighting and quite a lot of money to put together enough of them, to even attempt to cover a grow completely.

Plus, the (different DIY light) link that was being recommended to us was still untested on Cannabis and still in the design and upgrading stage of development, not something that should have been pitched to inexperience growers looking for a budget light source to grow their plants. That in my book was wrong, misleading and potentially way short of what growers need to grow their plants correctly. Not cool.

Below shows (our DIY light) on our site. Not to be confused with a few, still in design stage, supplemental (at best) DIY lighting strips. Still un~tested on Cannabis.

Comment

What you all don't know about led lighting for cannabis can fill an ocean

MJ wants a full spectrum of light, which the DIY on this site incorporates via CW and WW COBs

It will do one hell of a job on its' own. Others are doing similar DIYs on other grow sites. The picture he posted in veg is evidence, but the fact is, mj will veg nicely under simple household retrofit globes from HD/Lowes, etc

The unmentioned light is being tested on mj by another grower on another grow site. The grow is almost complete, and it is amazing

The current top model of the unnamed light will cover a 4 x 4 footprint and can be configured like the CW/WW DIY LED light featured on this site, or any way the purchaser desires.

I only joined this site in hopes of seeing updates to the DIY LED light

It seems he has moved on. I can't imagine why lol

I tried to enlighten, but many of you are too stupid and childish to understand that, and so I take my leave

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                      on our own site.
                      Thanks

Comment

Well, when it gets down to name calling - it's time to throw out the trash. We will just have to learn it on our own phatzhead - see ya oh bloated one - slo-han

Comment

Working...
                        X