1st SCROG with Gorilla Glue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st SCROG with Gorilla Glue

NLMS Gorilla Glue seeds. Begging of week 5. I have 6 plants under a net. I used 7 gallon bag pots with 100% Coco Loco growing medium. Have 1 Growers Choice 630NS with 2 315W lamps. One for veg and one for flower. Also a KIND LED 215W. Feeding with Fox Farms dirty dozen nutrients. Week 5 and the 4 on the right are just starting to him the screen. 2 on the left didn't have as much light for a couple of weeks until I drug out my LED and put it about 2 feet above the plants. They are about to catch up though.
    Question: Does anyone have any experience growing gorilla glue in a scrog? How long should I wait before I switch over to 12 12 cycle? I dont want it to get too over crowded, but dont want to start too early either.
    Will post more pics throughout the scrog grow.
    Thanks

Wow, went out to check this morning and 4 grew up through the screen overnight

Comment

Oct 25. these girls are going like weeds. beginning the stretch. Traveling till next Friday so will update again when I get home. Wife is taking over water/feeding duties while I'm gone. I'm guessing I will possibly be going to 12/12 when i get home.

Comment

Nice one rigman. Will be watching with interest.

Comment

Schmokin, will post more as soon as i get home. out of the country for a few more days. Wife has taken over feeding and stretching for me while i'm gone. Anticipate going into 12-12 on Friday when i get home.

Comment

Got home after a 6 day absence. Had to do some pretty good stretching on 4 plants. have another CHP light arriving this afternoon. Will get it hung and will see about starting 12/12 in a day or two.

Comment

Following. I love a scrog me!
              From those pics I would definitely be flipping about now. What do people say about the stretch on GG?

Comment

• rigman
                rigman commented
                Editing a comment
                Saturnalia, I've heard as much as 2 weeks. Just did a good defoliation and lollypop on them and continuing to stretch

for some reason i keep posting but it is not showing up any more?

Comment

SCROG and SOG not sure I comprehnd the difference. Leanin toward 1 method involves more training ? Also I grasp taking off 1/3 ish of below canopy . Please expand on the defoliating ? I've read conflicting opinions on that . As in fan leaves are the solar panels of energy. Cool beans Rigman looks promising !

Comment

• rigman
                  rigman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  zzzybil
                  Scrog is using LST (low stress training) and using fewer plants to weave their branches outward and keep the buds level so they all get the same amount of light.
                  SOG is using a lot of plants and going into flow asap
                  When i was defoliating I was actually taking off leaves that were shading bud sites and leaving as many of the large leaves as possible alone. I'm trying to increase the amount of buds that will be available. So if i can double the amount of buds by doing this i should see a good increase in the amount of harvest.
                  Since i have gone to 12/12 light 1 week ago the amount of large sugar leaves should be decreasing.

9 days from the start of 12/12 lights. It's quite obvious that LED cannot keep up with CMH bulbs. The 2 plants on the left are barely coming through the net while the ones on the rig have been woven quite a distance. Female flowers now showing on the tops of the plants!!!

Comment

Did another lollypop today and cleaned out a 2 gallon bucked of leaves, weak buds. and long stems not reaching the top of the net. Girls are looking really good.

Comment

Okay, I studied up on defoliation today and I'm taking a chance. did a Major defoliation and couldn't believe how many bud sites were covered up by leaves. i think if this works it will double the amount of buds i will be harvesting.

Comment

I will keep everyone updated with new photo's to see what happens. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Also the temperature in my shop has been down to around 50 degrees F at nights due to the extremly cold weather we have been having. I can't run any more heaters so anyway the weather will be warming up the next several days. one more night of cold temps and it will be okay for a while. actually hopeing this will help with the shock they are probably going through right now. gave them a good drink and nuetreats so they should recover nicely. will post more tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

Well after a cool night in the shop all the girls are looking very perky. I was researching this morning and saw some photo's of someone who had done a massive defoliation like i did and 4 days later the plant growth had exploded.
                        I am attaching a photo where I will show the befits of weaving your branches in a scrog. One of the main branches has 7-8 sights where instead of 1 large cola at the end of the stem there will be several cola's that will help increase the amount of flowers harvested.

Comment

Looks amazing. Top job. What size is that screen?

Comment

• rigman
                            rigman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I used nails 3" apart and then used nylon string to make my grid.
                        Working...
                        X