Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same seeds, huge growth difference. Please explain!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same seeds, huge growth difference. Please explain!!!!

Hi everyone. Newbie from Tropical north Australia. The pics are of plants sewn at the same time from the same seed batch.
    Can any one please tell me why one is taking off, & the others appear to have stopped growing!!
    Also, can anyone tell if they are male or female?
    Thanks in advance

Both female, growth could be many factors, soil, water, light,planter size, phenotype.. so i certainly cant give a definitive answer to your growth question.

Comment

• Investor4
      Investor4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thxs for the info

They are both girls, so no worries there. What is the provenance of the seeds? Do they come from a reliable seedbank?
    It's maybe worth mentioning that plants (like people and all other organisms) come in a variety of shapes and sizes. My brother is pretty tall yet I'm a short guy. Just simple genetic variation.....

Comment

• Investor4
      Investor4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know they are all girls. Bit worried there. There were 20 seeds in a heat sealed plastic bubble. I assumed they would all be the same variety, But who know. Thxs

Hi Investor4
    I had a very similar experience and made a post about it a few years back. Thought you might like to see it.
    https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com...-weird-sisters
    Also - They are girls! Yay!

Comment

• Investor4
      Investor4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thxs. Growing mine outdoors. I thought the small one may have been got at by a male, and was just doing the seed thing??

Based on those two pics one looks more indica vs the other. Not sure why that would be the case unless it’s just pheno or genetic variation.

Comment

• Investor4
      Investor4 commented
      Editing a comment
      They came in a sealed packet. Supposed to be all the same. As they are all girls, I'll just see what happens. Thxs

Very few modern strains are pure sativa or pure indica. Nearly all are hybrids and this leads to a range of phenotypes which often express themselves as either sativa dominant or indica dominant. I think that's what's happened here...

Comment

Working...
    X