No announcement yet.

Why Not's Grow Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girls are doing very well, healthy. No buds really forming, many tops. The black out is better once I Duck Taped the edges of the windows. So I must give it a chance, only 4 days at 12 - 12. Two days with good black out if that was a problem. I have the food made up which is 40 ml of Bloom A and B each, .2 ml Ganja Root (20 ml Voodoo equivalent) and 20 ml Big Bud in just over 1L filtered aged water. The plants are not dried out enough to feed, the food is ready for tomorrow same time.
    Light timer not set up yet, I lost my tiny little mind and turned off the wall switch of the grow light (well the lights were off), and I should not have. Thus the timer was not powered to keep time. Eventually I will get it right.

Comment

Went out and picked up the Monkey fan. Oscillating 7 inch built for a grow tent. Fits on a pole, now to find a pole. My grow equipment is complete for now. Should I produce anywhere near what the books say, I will have to cure and store to the 68 oz I have as my goal. I have found a glass bottle, half gallon, 30 of them is 99 Canadian dollars, picked up at the manufacturer in Milton, Ontario. Not too far from here. Mason Jars get expensive when you are talking 30 of them.
      As long as the lights turn on this evening, the timer is working, I think they will.
      The Crop King seeds just came in. Purple Kush with 25% THC. 5 Feminized seeds in a plastic bubble. Free lapel pin and the new catalogue. Have "paid forward" one seed and one of the others are both being germinated right now. Hopefully by the end of this weekend mine is in a small pot of soil. The other three seeds will be a crop for next year. Or I start three and leave one for next year. No decision yet. Maybe take cuttings tonight and make clones. Clones and the purple will be my grow two.
      I have decided the layout of the shack should be changed so the plants are further from the door. For the next grow. I will move the lights and install the 6 inch outer vent plate. If things go really well, I will insulate a half of the shed and grow further into the fall and earlier in the spring.
      Pruned the bunch of them last night. Removed the sucker leaves and opened up so more of the lower leaves get more of the overhead light. A lady from across the street came and showed me and helped. I did not want to do anything wrong to my babies. Tonight starts them on Big Bud. They are on that for a month.
      The Purple Kush and clones will be grow number two for the year. Plus the cooler temperatures during ripening in September - October will help with the colour. The clones and seed will be ready for bigger containers about the time the other crop does not need them any more.

Comment

Started four (all) of my Purple Kush seeds. They have now sunk to the bottom of the glass. Some time between 10 pm and 5 am, they will be put onto paper towels to finish germinating. Never done things this way. Now a dark room. Even the tool room in the basement has a small window, but is cooler. Upstairs I can pull the blinds on my ham shack but it is not very dark, might be too warm, heat rises..

Comment

Germinating complete, the Purple Kush seeds are now in yogurt cups with fresh soil. In a few days we should see shoots appear.
          The Platinum Kush is doing well, with the timer operational, there is little work to do. I will check moisture tonight and see if feeding is necessary. They are sleeping now. The fan is making the plants move a lot more and will make for stronger plants that hold more buds.

Comment

Sounds like everything is going to plan. The first signs of flowering can take up to a week or two to show after flipping, so just hang in there. Waiting for the girls to do their thing can be hard work. A watched pot plant never flowers - or something like that...
            Be ready for them to stretch quite a bit over the next few weeks.

Comment

Just ordered some "Early Miss" seeds. Got two Purple Kush seeds replaced due to non germination and bought the "Early Miss" a 70-30 Indica, auto-flower feminized seed with high THC. It can grow down to 10 degrees. It is a fast finisher but 10 degrees might occur by the time it is done. We are in the middle of July.

Comment

Working...
              X