No announcement yet.

Why Not's Grow Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will finish blocking off all the windows on the shed today. Would like some Duck Tape to block light from the edges of the cardboard.
    Continuing with 18 hours of light and Grow B for 8 more days (maybe).
    Temperature goes up for the next three days. I will keep a close eye on the plants in case of drooping as the temperature gets up there.
    6 am and the lights are now on till midnight. Plants appear healthy, colour still blows me away. Watching the distance between light and tops. At 19 inches I will re adjust to 24 inches.
    All appears well.

Comment

Planning to go to Flowering Stage, it is 12 hours on and 12 off. The windows are all blocked off, that part is ready. I want to use the cheapest power at 7 PM to 7 AM. Currently I am using from 6 AM to midnight (so I could watch and tend the girls). I have a week more (finish off week 9) of 18 hour days planned before I change over. I will give it only 7 hours of the required 12 of darkness on the first flowering day. I will change over to Bloom A fertilizer (4-0-3).
      Still need an on-off timer. PH and water checker on way. Maybe get two (12 w at $10.00 usd) lights for the bottom half to ensure light penetration to buds down there.
      Love the one finger light operation.
      Girls look very bushy. No signs of any sun or fertilizer damage.

Comment

Girls are doing well, I do not see much change on a daily basis. Did not water yesterday (cutting back on the watering because little evaporation indoors)and they are still standing up nicely. Will use Grow B (2-2-6) today. Week 9 started today. I was expecting them to be taller. There is a stretch phase they were talking about. I think that is in the flowering phase. They look happy.

Comment

Wow a great grow story.hard at it.maybe after October this year Canada cannabis is legal!have maybe your grow outside with all organics for your plants.keep up on your grow updates.happy grow bats.

Comment

PH and moisture checker from China is in Mississauga with Canada Post, might be here tomorrow.
            Small bundles beginning to form all over the place on the girls. This is possibly the last week before I change over to Flowering stage. Will fertilize again today with Grow B (2-2-6).
            I will raise the lights an inch or so when my helper comes over today, two more hands will make it so much easier. He is coming over to move a bookcase so the plants can be positioned more directly under the lights. I don't want to hurt myself any further, nice to get occasional help.

Comment

Got the bookcases moved, cost me a canna cookie. The plants are now more directly under the lights. Need boot mats to hold the buckets, holes in the bottom leak, dah. Or put the buckets in food bags. This is the last week of the growth period. I am beginning to add the other fertilizers as the instructions direct. This week it is still Grow B (2-2-6) plus I add B-52 (3-1-4). I have printed off the Flowering Fertilizer regiment to keep it organized and on tract. They look healthy, the nodes continue to multiply and form. PH checker from China is in Brampton now, just not here yet. Yea, PH and water checker arrived. Got the bags over the buckets and raised the light about 1 1/2 inches. Sister-in-law came over and was glad to help.

Comment

I did not understand but two or more additives can be added at the same time. During Flower stage up to four are added at a time. I just began this today with three to prepare the plant for Friday, two more days. Hope I am not over fertilizing. I will keep an eye on them as usual. If I notice burning I will compensate with pure water and cut down on the volume of the additives next time. Half way through the day they appear no worse for having the 3 additives at the same time. Did notice some of the leaves are the size of my hand, must be doing OK.

Comment

This is a great read! Nice work fella. Keep it up.
                  Not sure if you topped them in the end or just grew them straight out...?

Comment

Today is the Last day of Vegetative Stage growth. The plant I broke during transplanting into the final buckets is doing unbelievably well, it might have the most amount of buds on it. It goes from upright to parallel, with "top" buds all along the parallel part, because of the light penetration. The leaves look even a deeper green today. So glad I went big on the LED. Plants obviously love it. The fertilizing regiment is helping the plants grow, I have never had such a good crop underway. The 2K LED Grow Light and Jungle Juice additives have both added to the spectacular shape the girls are in. Just two more windows to finish blocking off for tomorrow.

Comment

Here are the girls just before I switch over to the Flowering Stage tomorrow.

Comment

Big Day! Change over to Flowering cycle. Need to figure a way for better darkness in the shed. Had to double up on coverage on a few windows. Sun shining through. Employed Jungle Juice Grow A (4-0-3)and Grow B (1-5-6) for the first time. No access, no lights until 7 PM. They looked good at 7 AM.

Comment

First day in the Flowering phase and the girls look good. They are sleeping now. I got a Mountainair filter and fan system to install at 7 PM when they wake up. At 7 AM this morning they smelled nice. My wife will have a different idea about the odour so I went out to my local Grow Shop and got the units. I am sure the odour will be stronger in the weeks to come, this is not worth an argument, so I got the best.

Comment

Put the girls to bed. No odour what so ever. Fed them last night, their moisture is still good. Fed Jungle Juice Bloom A & B and some "just like Voodoo" the grow store donated for free. Nice guys, got one more free dose. New growth on all the tops, easy to see as it is yellowish in colour. The older leaves colour is a very dark green, almost purple under the red in the lights. I lowered the broken stem plant to a smaller support because it was getting too close to the lights. I redirected the exhaust air from the Mountainair MA620 system so the plants get slight movement. Still need a fan, Deb is looking. Found a timer and bucket trays at the grow store, not open today.
                            ​Was advised to exhaust the air filter to the outside, this will encourage fresh CO2 to be pulled into the shack. When I get a hand to help, I already have the hose and clamps. For the moment, it can't go any better.
                            I figured the blackout in the shed is no worse than star light, I can barely see, not as bright as moon light. I guess I will be able to tell if it does not flower, it is already smelling nice. Should be good enough darkness.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_200454_resized.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	48258 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_200508_resized.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	48259 Put the girls to bed this morning and everything looks great. There was a bit of odour inside the shed. I think it smells great, but that is not the point.
                              I went out to the local Grow Shop, Picked up a Voodoo Juice replacement called Ganga Roots (0-1-1). I saved $27.00 and it is Canadian! Also got 5 Five Gallon bucket trays to replace the food bags I used. And finally a 24 hour timer to turn on and off the grow lights. Found out the Ganja Brand, Grow B is not compatible with the Jungle Juice, Grow B. I will have to change over both to Ganja Grow A nd B when my Jungle Juice Grow B runs out. That is over a dozen "grows" from now, a grow is up to 8 plants.. I will be going with the Ganja Brand, it will be nice to have a comparison of the Jungle Juice performance with these grows before I change over completely.
                              The Ganja Root is 10x more concentrated than the Voodoo Juice is. Voodoo calls for 2 ml to be added to 1 L water. Ganja Root calls for .2 ml/L. There are 500 "grows" in the 1L bottle. Brings the root stimulator price from $1.52 to 16 cents.
                              Just fed the girls, timer installed and each bucket has a tray under it to keep things dry.
                              Here are the girls today, one is the top of one plant.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_200508_resized.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	48261 Put the girls to bed this morning and everything looks great. There was a bit of odour inside the shed. I think it smells great, but that is not the point.
                                I went out to the local Grow Shop, Picked up a Voodoo Juice replacement called Ganga Roots (0-1-1). I saved $27.00 and it is Canadian! Also got 5 Five Gallon bucket trays to replace the food bags I used. And finally a 24 hour timer to turn on and off the grow lights. Found out the Ganja Brand, Grow B is not compatible with the Jungle Juice, Grow B. I will have to change over both to Ganja Grow A nd B when my Jungle Juice Grow B runs out. That is over a dozen "grows" from now, a grow is up to 8 plants.. I will be going with the Ganja Brand, it will be nice to have a comparison of the Jungle Juice performance with these grows before I change over completely.
                                The Ganja Root is 10x more concentrated than the Voodoo Juice is. Voodoo calls for 2 ml to be added to 1 L water. Ganja Root calls for .2 ml/L. There are 500 "grows" in the 1L bottle. Brings the root stimulator price from $1.52 to 16 cents.
                                Just fed the girls, timer installed and each bucket has a tray under it to keep things dry.
                                Here are the girls today, one is the top of one plant.

Comment

Working...
                                X