Why Not's Grow Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Not's Grow Diary

I have been planning this for a while. I am a senior so don't move around like I used to. Also in chronic pain. I attended a Grow 101 course with Greenline from BC a few years ago at U of T, there we all got samples of many fertilizers for marijuana growing. Finally, I have a chance to use them. Most are for later on in the grow. Two years ago I built a 10x10 shed, a quarter of it or more is to be used in the grow operations. I have ordered a 2,000 w Grow Light from China, great price, it should arrive this week. I also ordered a PH/water tester, it will be a couple of weeks. Might need a fan, unsure of what else I may need.
    The girls, as pictured here, are Platinum Kush. Indica as I like them.
    Five weeks Platinum Kush Clones
    Last edited by Why Not?; 06-18-2018, 03:53 PM.

June 8th I picked up my new clone daughters. Five of them, (poor mother).
    I found out they were 4 weeks old.

Week 5 : I watered every day with filtered water. Have to move them around the back yard to maximize the direct sun. Half way through the week I added 25% strength 20-20-20 fertilizer alternating with the filtered water. No issues, good growth.

Week 6 : Continue moving containers to maximize direct sun. Every other day fertilizing with 2-2-6 alternating with filtered water. The grow light should arrive this week and cut down on bending over to move them. My back is not good.

Comment

HI Why Not. Welcome. Nice to have you here.
      Your grow sounds well under way. Good luck with it. I hope the fruit of your labour helps your back.
      Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Comment

Thank you Saturnalia, fertilized today with 2-2-6 again. They look great, came through the heat from yesterday. No rain till weekend so I am watching closely.

Comment

Just found out the Grow Light is in Vancouver, BC. Passed on by customs to Canada Post. Still should be here this week.
          Looking forward to organizing the grow, ageing the filtered water, 18-6 is what it will be on for a bit longer. Plants are 1 foot high now.

Comment

Question? When should I top the plants

Comment

Good Morning All, Week 7 The girls are doing very well. Day before yesterday, only two of them were 12 inches. Yesterday all of them are 12 inches and the two that were 12 inches the day before are now 14 inches. Colour good, standing up well. Fertilized yesterday with 2-2-6, clear water today. Sunny day underway. Grow lights are due any time. Will not start the flowering process for at least another week.

Comment

FYI My avatar is a bud of Platinum Kush, my current grow.

Comment

I am using Jungle Juice. Printing on the containers is very small. I should have been using Part A Grow earlier and was not. I used Part A Grow today, that is 4-0-0. Root and strong growth stuff. Then I will change back to Part B Grow, which it seemed to like last week, later on.
                  I also have Part A Bloom, B Bloom and a hobbyist Bigger Yields Pack that has B-52, Big Bud, Overdrive and Voodoo Juice.
                  Trick will be using the right one at the right time.
                  This fertilizer stuff and the grow lights should maximize everything. Looking forward to this.
                  Next year I will start earlier. Will consider insulating and putting a heater out there, extend both ends of the growing season and maybe grow two crops.
                  Could use 5 gal pails for a final re potting. Do have one even bigger pot. Wife might hurt me though.
                  Lights are in Mississauga, very close now. Probably get it Monday or Tuesday latest.
                  Last edited by Why Not?; 06-22-2018, 11:25 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Re potted all 5 into 5 gal buckets with holes in the bottom of them. One I broke the main and will trim it. One other was drooping a bit but came around. All the others are good. Used almost three 25l bags of black top soil. Now they can grow to tree size.

Comment

Wait a few more days till they recoup from being repotted, then top them. But that all depends on when you get your light and how long you want to veg them before switching to 12/12

Comment

I was going to leave them vegetative for at least a week more. Lights I expect on Monday. Maybe two more weeks depending on size. They look happy.

ligh

Comment

Love the tracking abilities of the internet. My grow lights are in Canada Post Brampton, where I live. Should be here today. Yea.
                          The girls are healthy, two of them are 20 inches high. The broken one is shorter, I will just allow it to grow if it's health remains good. I will have to put bricks under the container to bring it up closer to the light and up along with the others.
                          I am now ageing the filtered water for a day to allow the chlorine to fall out.
                          Going to paint the inside corner of the shed white to improve the reflection off the grow light. 3x3 for 18 inch or maybe 5x3 foot for 24 inch light height above the plants. Don't want to burn them.
                          Continuing with the Grow A fertilizer as I re-potted only the day before yesterday. It watered itself yesterday. We call that rain up here in Canada.

Comment

Lights turned on the plants.
                            The leaves are a different colour under the lights. Also I need an on off timer and fan. My PH tester is on the way.
                            Just installed a chain for variable height placement of the light. I now have the lights at about 2 feet off the plants. Wired in another plug on a wall switch to have power where I needed it. Being a radio amateur, I do difficult wiring, this is easy. Twenty years ago, I re-wired the whole house from aluminum to copper wiring, all by myself.
                            I do not miss moving around the pots over the day to maximize the direct sun. This is Wonderful! Strange colour comes out of the shed at night. This I must fix to attain the 12 hours of dark.

Comment

Glad of the wall switch, one switch from the doorway will on - off the grow light. From physically bending over moving the pots around to a one finger operation, I am pleased so far.
                              I will continue with the 18 hour light cycle but have upped the fertilizer to Grow B (2-2-6). For 10 more days I will continue to be in the pre flowering stage. Still need to block off the windows in the shed to be able to attain the darkness needed for the 12 - 12 lighting cycle. A friend's work is donating more cardboard. I need help to move some shelving in the shed and make room directly under the light. Now I have a level pushing the light in better position. The broken plant looks good, pre buds everywhere.
                              Light height is now just under two feet, I will watch and raise the light when it hits 18 inches.

Comment

Working...
                              X