48 hours no power.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 hours no power.

Hi😎 Please help.... My power has been out for over 48 hours, it's cold here. My girls are in their second week of flower, big and beautiful, the power is back on, except for a few slightly wilted leaves, they look OK. I'm concerned they may turn hermaphrodite, any ideas, tips suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have heard of female hormones, in the past I've used woman's hormones for tomatoes in the outside garden. Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas. Cheers

Nothing you can do bro, good genetics will help, Strains?

Comment

Indica and Sativa, a few unknown seeds.

Comment

It's been 48 hours now back on the 12/12, I've found a couple of balls, on the Sativa plant.

Comment

Is this an isolated grow or are there other plants in the building?
          Is it purely a personal smoke or do you grow for others?
          The reason I ask is that I have grown out hermie plants before. They ended up giving me a good smoke anyway. But if you risk pollinating other plants then it's not worth keeping them.

Comment

It's a small,1mt square room, with four pots,, a single 600 watt variable. I grow for personnel pain relief, I have a mix of plants from a random bunch of seeds, this is the second crop from clones so I know this lot are all girls, but who the heck knows what actual strains they are...
            Going by the leaf shape and grow style, I think I have both indica and sativa plants, I'm making a decision this grow as to which plants I'll keep and not keep, so the hermies may have to go.
            However I have tried a commercial product called "Turn around" claiming to be able to revert stressed plants if caught early enough.
            It's been a few days now and signs of balls at node sites is minimal, no bananas have shown up, I keep a very close eye on my girls, it's a great hobby,.

Comment

I'd say the only real concern I'd have about an extended power outage would be during veg. That length of darkness would initiate flowering hormones but since yours are already flowering it should be ok. Can you post up some images of the plant(s) you're concerned about?

Comment

• Medicmate
                Medicmate commented
                Editing a comment
                They are now showing no signs of "Bananas", or "balls", a few days after the outage some balls showed up on node sites below small, 1 inch buds, . I did a large defoliation and tidy up of lower branches with those popcorn buds, that just seem to sap the main line to the good colas up top. I found no more balls.
                They look like all is good.
                Your comment regarding veg cycle and triggering flower makes sense.
                Cheers for the input.
                I've not posted photos before.
            Working...
            X