GG #4 from a seed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG #4 from a seed.

On Aug 30, 2016 I gathered up some soil near my basement door and planted 2 seeds that I obtained in some flowers I purchased at a local dispensary.
    On Nov 8 I had one seedling.
    Planted 2 seeds. 8 days later one popped up.

Then I started working on transforming my basement space into a garden area.

Comment

On Sep 12 I brought the plant into the veg area of the garden.
      At this point I was still unsure of her sexual orientation.

Comment

On Nov 5 I cut the clones and put her in the bloom room.
        On Nov 17 I looked very closely and oh boy that sure looks female!
        And here's a shot of the babies.

Comment

Around Nov. 25 or so the flowers really started forming up nice.
          ​Took a shot with the bloom light off to show the crystal formation.
          ​Don't know why that third shot rotates sideways when I upload it, but oh well.
          That was today Dec. 11, Day 36 in bloom.
          ​From what I have read, GG #4 is best harvested at 56 to 62 days, so not much longer.

Comment

I am using Ionic Grow and Ionic Bloom for soil for my nutrients.
            ​The soil is Happy Frog from Foxfarm.
            ​The water is rainwater collected by me.
            ​I have found the soil to be quite high in pH so I am using a lot of pH down.
            ​Right now I have a 400 watt HPS in the bloom room.

Comment

so great.......

Comment

Excellent thread. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
                In the first picture the leaves look a little yellow. Keep an eye on it.

Comment

On 01/03/17 I cut her down and hung her up. After about 4 days I clipped all the fan leaves and let her continue hanging. My thought being that will allow for increased air flow. On 01/10/17 I took her down and clipped all the buds. I did not trim for selling. I only have the one plant at this time so it is all for personal use. There were a LOT of crystals on those little leaves close to the buds so I left those little leaves on the buds.
                  ​There were some itty bitty buds on the bottom of the plant so I put them separate along with some of the leaves I did trim off the bigger buds. I put all the nice buds away in a sealed container to continue curing.
                  ​I put some of the bottoms and clippings in a bowl and lit it up.
                  ​No snap, crackle and pop. So I did a good job of flushing. Yay Me!!!
                  ​The flavor is smooth and mild, wasn't expecting it to be that good since it was mostly small leafy stuff.
                  I smoked about half the bowl and sat back. In about 2 minutes I realized I have a beautiful sativa head buzz knocking my socks off.
                  ​I am very impressed. This is bottoms that are not fully cured and I'm getting an awesome buzz and enjoyable flavor.
                  ​I am very giggity!!!!! I'll let ya'll know how the tops come out in about 2 weeks.

Comment

That's great! Top job Z.
                    All those popcorn nuggets make great cannabutter or other edibles if you want to. It's a good way of using them up, along with that leafy trim.

Comment

Working...
                    X