Trichomes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trichomes

My plants (5) are now in the flowering stage, some more than others.
    The Stigmas are either all white, or, white with some red on the ends.
    ​I can see some Trichomes on the earlier plants, but they are very small
    only visible with a x40 Loupe.
    Can anyone tell me if they will grow bigger as to see them with a naked eye ?
    As height has been a big problem with my plants (7 Feet) could anyone recomend
    a shorter strain for next year(4-5 Feet).
    Thanks

HI El Torro. The trikes just look like shiny crystals to the naked eye. You need a magnifier to see them properly in detail.
    I recently grew some northern light and they were a nice compact size.
    If you are worried about plants getting too big, especially too tall, have a read of the training techniques pages. I have limited space where I grow due to having had to cut my tent down to fit it in the roof space. All my plants are trained to keep them short and it works very well. Check out some of my grow diaries to see. There's a current one called MK Ultra where I have topped and trained the plants to keep them down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_164649.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	44582 Hi Saturnalia, Thanks for the info. I think with it being my first year I am maybe a bit more jittery Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_164639.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	44581

Attached Files

Comment

I noticed that the tric's really seems to proliferate as the flowers mature. Based on the pics I would say that you have to let them mature some more. Be patient and you will be rewarded. Indica strains tend to be more squat-looks like you are growing a sativa dominant variety. Sativa's can be leggy and take longer to mature compared to indica's
        Last edited by gbauto; 09-17-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Many thanks Gdauto, I will check

Comment

First, I thank you for sharing because there are many out there who don't even know anything about what you shared. However, you need to spice up your grow tools or kits; for trichomes to be well examined, you need the aid of a magnifying lens

Comment

you'll get a good cheep magnifier or mini micro on amazon, it's really good to see, there in a page on how to grow, but I lost my link when I had to fix my pc, it's really good and help show you different stages ect also go on most seed sites put in the type you have and it should tell you how long ect. It's a rough guide but a good guide

Comment

well, if your grow kit lacks a magnifier, all you have to do like a pro is to observe the trichomes colour changes. That is from white to amber/yellow shows THC and other cannabinoids development

Comment

Working...
                X