No announcement yet.

Looking for Mama - Northern Light from The Vault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile in the clone room things are going much better than before. I now have at least one viable clone of each of the 5 original Northern Light plants so will be able to select the best as originally planned. The Blue Rhino is cloning easily and I have a few of these to keep the stock up and to feed into my continuous cycle.
    Here's some general shots of the clone room.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CR01.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	41697

Name:	CR02.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	41698

Name:	CR03.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	41699

Comment

As far as selecting the best NL for a mother is concerned.... well my current favourites are Baby

Name:	Baby01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	41701

and Sporty

Name:	Sporty01.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	41702

I will wait until the harvest to make a proper decision, but so far these are the strongest two plants that are growing with the most vigour and are also giving the best clones.

I will be harvesting before the end of the month and already have 4 new plants to put into the tent. The plan at the moment is to follow that a couple weeks later with 2 more and then another 2 a fortnight after that. From then on I should be harvesting two plants every two weeks or so.

Thanks for reading. Sorry about the shit pictures. When my daughter is home next I will get her up in the loft with her fancy camera. As always, all feedback and comments welcome.

Comment

Hello hello hello. Was just looking at the first page of this diary. My word the girls have grown. Having said that, with just a couple of weeks to go I am thinking that the yield is not going to be magnificent. I think I have to much green growth going on and not enough bud. Part of this could be down to the fact that I have lollipopped less this time. It can also be a function of too much nitrogen. I don't feed my plants too much as I make a good basic soil for them. Do you think it might be to do with my initial soil mix? All comments and suggestions gratefully received.
        So anyway, the daughter isn't back until the weekend so I took some more pics with my phone. Here's the update.

They are filling out the tent well, but as you can see, an awful lot of greenery compared to bud. Normally it's the other way round and I sometimes worry that I strip too many leaves. Will go back to my old ways with the next batch.

Name:	Mama07.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	41782

Name:	Mama06.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	41783

Name:	Mama03.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	41784

continued next post \/ \/ \/

Comment

And here are some more pics. We have been having some cold weather and you can see here the nice colouration on the plants which are furthest from the heater. I reckon these have probably been down to single figures in Centigrade.

Name:	Mama01.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	41786Click image for larger version

Name:	mama02.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	41787Click image for larger version

Name:	Mama04.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	41788Click image for larger version

Name:	Mama05.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	41789

I reckon on about 2-3 weeks to go max. Thanks for reading. Please comment or give feedback. Cheers.

Comment

Hi guys. Latest update. No pics this time. Have flushed all the big girls. Just water for them from here on in. Buds have fattened up a bit but I still think yields will be low. I know why (as explained above) and have learnt that lesson for next time. The tiny lower buds will make great edibles. I fact, I've pulled a few off and there are chocolate chip cookies in the oven as I type .
            Remember though that the object of this exercise was to select the best of 5 different strains for clones for my continuous system. At the moment Baby and Scary are the favourites. Will make the final decision next week when I harvest. I have viable clones of all of them which I will flower out anyway. No point throwing the others away.
            I have 4 plants ready to go into the flower room straight away. Should have another two a fortnight later, and then the same again. I will be flowering more, smaller plants so will be building up a good stuck of clones over the next few months. All in all, despite the low yield, am pretty happy with the grow.
            Final pics to follow when I harvest next week. Thanks for following.

Comment

Hi everyone. Here are the latest pics. I had to cut down Scary tonight as I saw some wee banana flowers on the lead cola. She would have been ready in just a few days so no point messing around with her. Chopped her straight down. As I have been saying, the yield was not massive, at least not as far as prime bud is concerned. I reckon it will dry out at about 3/4 ounce. I did get a shed load of popcorn and trim though. I said the other day how we had made some cookies. Well, I sat around tripping out on the sofa for a few hours then slept for about 12 hours. So the quality is there and I got enough from Scary for at least 3 times as much so am pretty chuffed. Am currently not smoking for health reasons so lots of edibles is the way forward. Have got another load of cannabutter simmering away as I type.
              Will probably be taking the rest of the plants down during the week. Have already put a new one (Blue Rhino) into the flower tent so am on my way to having the continuous system I have been looking for (now that I have to stop smoking - Typical! ;-)).
              Here are the pics from today.

Name:	Jan25-01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	41946Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan25-04.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	41949Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan25-02.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	41947Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan25-03.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	41948

Comment

Right on, right on, looking good Saturnalia.

Comment

Hi Guys. A lost phone has prevented the final harvest pics, but they were pretty much up to date anyway. The pictures were on the lost phone. I normally go to great lengths to make sure I delete them quite quickly. Whoops....
                  Final harvest was good. All the popcorn and trim which detracted from my yields made a shit load of cannabutter. The freezer has enough for a LOT of cookies. I still managed somewhere between a half and an ounce of good dry bud per plant as well. There is a lesson to be learnt here about proper lolipopping, but being as I'm now eating rather than smoking, it's not as important to get prime bud as it was.
                  Anyway, the whole point of the exercise was to select the best of 5 Northern Light plants to keep as a mother. That has been a success. Baby was the biggest and sturdiest. The buds looked to be the sugariest too. I never did a side by side potency test, but all the signs were pointing me to Baby. The next generation Baby is in the flowering room now and there's a new tiny one growing which will become the mother.
                  I've also managed to get a good line of Blue Rhino going and my continuous system is on its way to being in place. The clone/Veg room is full up and I can now start just selecting the best 2 or 3 plants every 2 or 3 weeks. I still have to wait until end of March for the first crop, but after that I should have some every 2 - 3 weeks.
                  I'll probably change it all around again soon ;-) But as an exercise I think this one was mostly a success.

Thanks for following guys.
                  END OF DIARY

Comment

Working...
                  X