Help plant is all going weird!! Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plant is all going weird!! Help

Well yesterday my fingers of my plants started to curl and today they are discoloured!!! what do I do!?? Mostly only the fan leaves and I am in week 3 of flower.

Sorry link did not work.....

Comment

Hi mike the first thing i would do is make sure my ph at the root is in the correct range ( most deficiency's are caused by nute lock out at the root by incorrect ph) in soil you want your ph to be at 6.5 for max uptake of all nutrients. So what i would do is flush the plant with water until i get about a 20% run off then check the ph of that run off.
      If your run off shows a ph out of range for example your water is a ph of 7 and your run off comes out at 5.5 i would then flush with water at ph of 8 to bring the ph up to 6.5.
      If your really in doubt on what to do at your stage of growth a good flush is quiet a normal thing to do 3 x as much water as your pot size.
      Get some Epsom salts and foliar spray whilst allowing to dry from the flush 2% mix.
      Then add Epsom salts to your normal feeding regime at 2 teaspoons per gallon of water.
      Hopefully this will correct the cal/mag deficiencies and your plants should flower some great fruits.

Comment

thanks for the info. I am new at this and all I am doing is watering with tap water and feeding ultra bloom by miracle grow. I have no idea about Ph?? So flush mean water the crap out of it?? then when I am done few days later water with Epsom salt 2 tsp per gallon. what is foliage spray?

Comment

Yes, flush means water the crap out of it. Like kbag said, 3 times the volume of your pot is pretty standard (like if you have a 5 gallon pot, pour 15 gallons of water through it). I think I personally go overboard on flush volume by using probably double the norm. It's just the more water you use to flush, the more nutrients you are flushing out of your soil, and the more nutrients you will have to put back in. Ideally, you correct the pH without losing any nutrients, but this isn't very practical. The key is you want the pH of your soil to be as close to correct as possible after the flush. Flushing washes out any excess nutrients (salt buildup), and if you use the right pH water for your flush, it will also correct any pH problem you might have. When in doubt, and if you have no way of checking pH, just flush well and then re-fertilize. But I would strongly suggest looking into getting a decent pH meter as soon as possible since pH is such an important part of growing plants.

A foliar spray is just when you spray the part of the plant that is above ground (the foliage). Normally you feed the roots, but in this case you feed the leaves and stems. The leaves absorb the nutrients directly, giving the plant an almost immediate increase in whatever you spray them with, and right where they need it. A 2% solution would be to add ~2.5oz (2.56oz) of Epsom salt per gallon of water (or a little over a quarter of an ounce (.32oz/9grams) (I think we all know how to measure grams. Just saying) of Epsom salt per pint of water).

And I personally wouldn't wait a few days. I flush, check pH, flush again if needed, then as soon as the pH is where I want it I fertilize. The whole flush-check pH-fertilize process only takes a half-hour or less usually. This way you clean the salt build up out of your soil, your pH is good, and the plant can immediately start eating again. I don't know how to describe it, but you can usually see the the plant "looking healthier" the next day after you do all this. But you generally have to wait for the new growth to see if you actually fixed the problem.

I might be biting myself in the a@# by saying this since I have no real evidence, but I swear it seems like my plants do better when I flush at night/in the dark period and they can sit through the dark period right after the flush, than when I flush and put them right back into the light.

Comment

thanks I flushed it this morning but will take no chance and flush again tonight. hopefully this will remedies my problem. It was looking so dam good like 2 days ago. then I over feed it and next day I get this curling crap. Hope this will not stop my flowering process it was doing rather good.

Comment

Yeah, if you can get them fixed pretty quickly you should still have a good crop. But anything other than optimal will decrease the yield you could have had if everything had been perfect all the way through. That is why growing the same plants over and over (from clones) is so good... you can learn exactly what it likes and doesn't like, and after a few crops you have everything right and you see yields go way up from your first crop. It's a beautiful thing.

Just do the best you can with what you have... another flush couldn't hurt. What I will do sometimes if it gets really bad is actually put my plant, pot and all, inside another container (like a bucket or something it will fit in), and fill it up with water and let it soak for about an hour and THEN flush. My thought is that the soak will help dissolve all the excess salt buildup, and then when I flush it it will come out easier. You have to be careful not to leave them too long though or they will start suffering from lack of oxygen to the roots. But it takes a few hours before that happens.

Comment

Again thanks for the info I flush it heavily tonight now hoping it gets better in a day or two.......... wondering if that fails might trim of all the curled leaves off they are just fan leaves anyway.

Comment

Clawed leaves like this can be due to too much nitrogen. How much of the Miracle Gro have you been giving it? and how often? Although whatever the answer, flushing would still be the thing to do.
                  Is it possible that you have been overwatering the plant?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                    Clawed leaves like this can be due to too much nitrogen. How much of the Miracle Gro have you been giving it? and how often? Although whatever the answer, flushing would still be the thing to do. Is it possible that you have been overwatering the plant?
                    trust it's was not over watered........ I learned a lesson the hard way. I over feed it and did not water it before feeding the crap out of it as it was dry. all this and she turned hermie on me now so I cut off all the big fan leaves today and picked all the pollen sacks off, what a job. now hoping I get a little something.

Comment

Working...
                    X