No announcement yet.

Black Diesel LED Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks GG. As I said it's my first grow with non automatic plants so I am pretty happy so far but nervous to get it finished without messing it up. Just 7 weeks to go.

Comment

Week 4
      Had some heat issues this week. Struggling to keep the temps down in the tent. She's looking a bit bedraggled but still fattening up.

Have also been losing a lot of leaves lower down and the centre part is quite bare. I suppose it makes sense seeing as I trained the ends outwards, but is it normal to have no growth in the middle like below?

Six weeks to go.... :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

• GnOMouS
        GnOMouS commented
        Editing a comment
        Why you put this white "lines" ( ###) right down from the Buds!?

• thegreengrower
        thegreengrower commented
        Editing a comment
        6 weeks to go,, it's gonna be a beast.. And the bare bit in the middle,, well this happens to mine as well when I scrog,, it's just the way we have trained them to grow, from the center out..
        Them buds are looking very good though.. Good work..

I think you have done a great job being your first SoG, checking out the work you put into your screen. Makes me want to try growing this way at least once, just to try it out.

Might try this next grow with a couple Indica strains. Sorta tired of growing them tall Sativas and should have plenty of medicine from them to last me awhile. You have done a great job there, they still look fantastic.

Comment

Thanks B4D. Have really enjoyed trying it out. Not just first scrog but first time with a full sized plant. Have already spotted a few mistakes and things I would do differently next time so am confident for the next one. I know I could get a lot more out of that light with some better planning. Can't wait.
        Thanks for your comments GG. I figured the bare bit was normal but it still hurts to see it. ;-)
        Gnomous, this is a SCROG grow (Screen of Green). The white lines is a meshed panel I made with string. Just one plant but woven through the screen so that it makes a nice flat canopy. This is good, but especially good for LED panels where the light does not penetrate as much. It presents all of the buds on a level horizontal plane so there are no popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant that get no light. Look it up. It's a great way to grow.
        Will post more pics later this week. She's stopped stretching now but I want those babies to fatten up a bit. Gave her a good feed last night. Bio Bizz and Canna Terra Flores. Let's see how she looks tomorrow.

Comment

Week 5
          Half way there.
          Attached Files

Comment

60 views in one day, you must be happy with that.

Comment

Haha! Happy, although it does apply more pressure ;-)

Comment

Week 6. Going fine but there is some leaf yellowing and dropping going on. I know that this is a normal occurrence towards the end of flowering but there's still a month to go and she's losing leaves quite quickly. Some nutrient burn and yellowing in the bottom picture. Not very clear I know. Any input would be much appreciated. Would hate to lose her after all this work.

Attached Files

Comment

that appears to be a "ph" fluctuation or a slight nitro toxicity of some sort or both,if can you ph check the run-off that'll give you an idea,,,if it's normal it should be around 6.1-6.3 ,i also would back off of the nutes till you get it sorted out as that'll cripple or diminish trichome production too.

Comment

Thanks pit viper. Am just back from a week away and it has got pretty bad. Lots of yellowing and losing leaves. Will post some pics tomorrow.
                    I check the pH regularly (the pot not the runoff) and it stays steady at 6 - 6.5. There is some crystalized salts evident in the tray and I am concerned I might have some root lock from too many nutes. Am going to flush a bit tomorrow. They haven't had any food for about a week now, just water.
                    I'm concerned that the buds haven't been swelling as much as I expected them to. There are plenty of them but growth seems to have stalled.
                    Any help or advice from anyone very much appreciated.

Comment

Week 7
                      OK. Here's the pics for week 7. The yellowing looks like normal nitrogen depletion as the plants approach the end of flowering. However they still have 3 weeks to go according to the seed bank..? Trichome production looks good, plenty of them and they are mushrooming out at the ends. I just gave them a flush and tested the run off - 6.5. Added a drop of very week general purpose fertilizer afterwards.
                      Can anyone tell me what's going on?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am no expert Sat but when i was reading a post this looks very similar to P Deficiency In the flowering stage, P deficiency in the veg stage looks different and is quiet often purple.
                        One thing though is that the tips often curl upwards from what i have read and seen pictures of, maybe some google searching might help.
                        I tend to believe that if you suspect soil salting due to pre-fertilized soil or poor quality ferts, that you should switch to a liquid organic like Pure Blend Pro or Canna Terra, both of which have humic acid in them and will help keep your soil pH in range along with preventing further salting of the soil. Humic acid is both a pH buffer and a chelator! And if you are trying to treat P def or lockout, first you have to make certain it's not just locked out (hence the flush and use of a pH buffered fertilizer) and then return it to the plant with a good bloom fert. Bloom ferts always contain a high proportion of Phosphorous.

Comment

Had trouble posting and found this in the drafts so will post anyway. Up to week 9 now. Will post pics later. Lots of yellowing but the buds are ripening with cloudy trikes and lots of them! Will be giving water only from now. She don't look pretty but I'm still quite confident I'll get a good smoke out of her.

Week 8
                          Thanks for the feedback kbag. I have been using Canna terra, alternated with a seaweed fert. This made me realize I haven't given any information about feeding in this diary. I'll remedy that next time.
                          The soil had a variety of nutes in it and I used some bat shit too. I feel that if anything I've overfed her rather than under fed her. The flush didn't seem to make much difference. I have since fed her some light seaweed then some more Canna terra. To be honest, she's at 8 and a half weeks out of a potential ten so I'm just going to go easy on her and see her through to the end. The buds seem smaller than I expected, but they are rock solid and, although you can't really see it in the pictures, thick with trichomes. I have ordered a microscope camera (nice and cheap on ebay!) so if it comes in time I will try and get some pictures.
                          So here are the week 8 pics. ...

Comment

So here they are. Week 9. A week to go. Not much smell, yellowing leaves but very dense buds that are thick with crystals.
                            The microscope camera thing turned out to be pretty shit. I'm going to play with it a bit more to try, but not impressed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Look'in good Saturnalia Looks like you'll get a fine harvest from her.
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X