Growing an "Eldorado" Outdoors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 420 View Post
    Yes Sir Dazd4Daz those ladies have beautiful cola's, you could easily make a turnaround with what you got invested IF you sold them' but there is no way I could let them girls Buds go! I got my LED just yesterday but I need help hanging it. (I'm disabled in a wheelchair) One buddy knows what I got going on up here and he lives about 50 miles south, so I'm hoping that he'll take a road trip after he gets off work. The light cost $549.00 but I got Mat of TruLite LED to take $100 off it. I'm satisfied! He said that if I would send him digital pics of the grow he would send me another $100. Peace, 420
    Thanks 420

No turnaround, Private Reserve Only, as always. I grow my own medicine, usually just two plants at a time now, that's all I need.

Comment

YES SIR!!! I hear you, I do the same thing. Keep up the good work! 420

Comment

Bloom Week 12.5

Tric s showing 60% amber color and she is ready to Harvest. Photo's were taken day of Harvest. I have put together a few top cola photo's to show how she looks completed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3681.JPG W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	722.9 KB
ID:	9308Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3658.JPG W.jpg
Size:	586.3 KB
ID:	9309Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3675.JPG W.jpg
Size:	979.6 KB
ID:	9310Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3698.JPG W.jpg
Size:	1,007.0 KB
ID:	9311Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3710.jpg d.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	576.6 KB
ID:	9312

More to Follow

Comment

Harvest

Name:	DSCN3802.JPG W.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	9313Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3756.JPG W.jpg
Size:	915.4 KB
ID:	9314Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3751.JPG W.jpg
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	9315Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3724.jpg W.jpg
Size:	789.5 KB
ID:	9316Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3722.JPG W.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	9317
          Week 12.5 she was harvested. Grown under LED she did finish 3-4 days earlier than strain description stated. My first completed LED grow and I'm very happy with how well this plant did.

I trimmed her in 3 sessions waiting for the lower branches to finish~up in those sessions lasting 3 days apart. Photo's show partially what I got from her as the trimming progressed.

More to Follow

Comment

Harvest

The cola's were fat, solid and thick, Real good smell, piney sweet and sour~ish 4 sure. One hit gets me there, the second and I'm done. Real potent and comes on in the head real nice, followed slightly by the body feeling relaxed and stoned. Real good feeling all over. Way high on three hits from a sneak~a~toke.

Name:	DSCN3808.JPG W.jpg
Size:	935.9 KB
ID:	9318Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3800.JPG W.jpg
Size:	1,007.4 KB
ID:	9319Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3752.JPG W.jpg
Size:	882.6 KB
ID:	9320Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3694.JPG W.jpg
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	9321

I would 4 sure grow this strain again, as it is awesome. I still have more seeds, of this strain, along with several different strains, to grow in the future. I also still have a Jock Horror growing, that is close to Harvest. With heavy rains here now, I'm running exhaust and intake, full time till she finishes.

I probably will have to wait till late February to start 2 more plants because of the Ambient humidity that is like a roller~coaster here during these last few days and the coldest of the winter months ahead. hope you~all enjoyed this grow, it was a good one for me. I have some really good medicine to last me now till I plant again. Right now, choices for my next grow will be, both Feminized Blueberry and Full Moon.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Well Blazd4Daz congratulations' those colas look great! Thank You for sharing your grow with us, I highly doubt I'll be able to get anything like that!!! Well it's my first time with LED lighting and I'm now wishing that I would have stayed with my HID light. Here in Wisconsin winter has not begun but the temp. is feeling like it. What I'm worrying about is since the led's put out low heat and I keep my house at 67 and 65 degrees at night, my G-tent will be to cold, I ordered another seedling mat to try an keep the roots slightly warm, but for cold winter growing I believe MH/HPS would be the best choice. Blazd4Daz what height above the tops do you keep your LED. GOOD JOB!!! Peace, 420

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
                Well Blazd4Daz congratulations' those colas look great! Thank You for sharing your grow with us, I highly doubt I'll be able to get anything like that!!! Well it's my first time with LED lighting and I'm now wishing that I would have stayed with my HID light. Here in Wisconsin winter has not begun but the temp. is feeling like it. What I'm worrying about is since the led's put out low heat and I keep my house at 67 and 65 degrees at night, my G-tent will be to cold, I ordered another seedling mat to try an keep the roots slightly warm, but for cold winter growing I believe MH/HPS would be the best choice. Blazd4Daz what height above the tops do you keep your LED. GOOD JOB!!! Peace, 420
                Thanks so much 420

I hear you about the heat needed to grow thru the winter months. My previous grows have been with 1000wt. HID's and they gave off plenty of heat to get me thru the winters here in the mountains. Basically the reason why I'm waiting till late February, early March to start up again. My grow rooms are out back attached to my workshop that has no heat other than space heaters. I can start seedling indoors in my main home with no problem, until they need to be put to bloom, dark periods in lighting is not that critical when their young. and my wife and I do keep the place pretty warm with snow here that comes on an average of 6-9 times a winter and lasts for weeks on the ground.

I have experimented with the distance from top of plants to light and found they do the best at about 8-12 inches from my LED, a 1200 wt. equivalent to HID. My first time also using LED lighting. The seedling heating mat does sound like a great idea to help keep them warmer.

I will sorta miss using my HID's, still packed away, to keep a steady stream of medicine on hand, but without that extra heat to help dry out the air too, I will wait to start my next grow because the plants did so much better under LED's and I don't want to be buying a dehumidifier just to keep growing thru the winter.

With one more plant almost ready to harvest and jars left over from the last grow, I will have plenty of medicine to hold out till planting in early spring, and a harvest, of 2-4 plants by the end of July and into August and September when humidity is not a big concern, here. All you can do is your best. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Final Results from Eldorado.

Trimmed, Dried and partially
                  Cured for 11 days at around 68*f with airflow on low and layed out on screens, I got just over a quarter pound. 138 grams, just shy of 5 ounces. 2.89 grams/watt, of finished bud.

I did trim the buds real good, and might have gotten more, if not for the fine trimming I did on them. I also got a jar full of good trim, just over an ounce.

Real good, potent medicine. I am happy with my results, and this will last me till I plant, grow and harvest my next plants, along with my Jock Horror, which will be finished in 12-16 days, I will have a good supply on hand till my next grow is completed.

Growing my own medicine, allows me to have an end~less supply and never run out, or have to depend on anyone for any reason to supply my need for good quality smoke.
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-30-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hi Dazd4Daz, I just had to say Way To Go!!! If you got back 2.89 grams/watt personally I do not think you can do any better than that, but I am a rookie but if I got kind of return I sure would be happy. I know I'll never see that especially using LED lighting, I sure wish that I would have stayed with what I knew worked and grew huge colas, but I had to give the new lighting a chance, what works for some does not work for all. LED's are not meant for cold climates, that is just my opinion. I'm going to go and finish this grow but I'm pretty sure I'll be searching for something on the street this year. Peace, 420

Comment

Thanks Schmokin for pointing the way to this grow log !

Very nice plants... Very nice pix...

Comment

you are suppose to win the most innovative gee on HTGM forum. I love how you suspended the cannabis plant and I am in love with the way you are taking care of the grows

Comment

Working...
                        X