No announcement yet.

Auto Frisian Dew in Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops, pics won't load. Will try again.

Comment

OK Will try and load the pics again.

Side by side

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-21 18.51.01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	8793

All Barbara

Name:	2013-07-21 18.49.22.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	8794

Name:	2013-07-21 18.50.34.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	8795

Name:	2013-07-21 18.50.20.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	8796

Comment

That's Barbara with two weeks left to go so I started flushing her today with some nice clean water.....

Comment

Barbara has only a week to go and today I found these marks on her top buds. Not sure what it is but I'm worried it's mould. I'm going to post in the Sick Plants forum. Can anybody help?

Name:	2013-07-27 17.25.46.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	8807Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-27 17.26.07.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	8808Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-27 17.26.43.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	8809

Comment

Wow, that does look a~little like white mold growing there, sorta. Try pinching it with your fingers, to see if it smooches into a pasty texture. you know squeeze it gently, and if it smooches, or falls apart, just cut it all out real good, don't miss any of it, or it could grow back. This happens sometimes when your plants are exposed to high humidity conditions, even for a brief period. Good eye. Keep that eye peeled, from now on, to see If it shows up again.

Maybe a fan pointed at her, for a bit, MIGHT help her dry~out some. If that is indeed mold. Damn the bad stuff, but Good Luck

Comment

OK. So I spent some time reading all the different info on forums and websites that I could find on bud rot. Some people say cut out the mouldy part, others say rip out the whole plant. Initially I just cut out the mould but I was still worried about the rest of the plant, and the other plants around about it, not just the weed either, there are lots of other plants growing nearby. There is no way I can get a fan out there and the garden is very damp and humid. What finally made up my mind for me was the weather forecast which was for another week of heavy rain showers.
              So I cut the whole cola really low down, but left a few buds on the bottom branches. I know that autos can't regenerate but I'll be interested to see if they mature a bit over the next week or so. The cola is drying but I speed dried the section of it that I had cut off above the mould and just tried it this morning and it is fine. Not too potent, as I expected, but a smooth smoke with a nicely relaxed stone.
              I have to say I am a bit disappointed though because I was trialling this strain as it had been marketed as being ideal for outdoors in the UK climate. We've just had the driest summer spell in years and after only a week of rain my baby has rot.
              Janice got moved indoors. I don't actually have my indoor equipment any more but I managed to cobble up a wee space with 200W of cfl (2700K) and a fan. She seems quite happy there. I might put her back outdoors but am not happy about putting her back in the same space as Barbara as there may be spores kicking around. We'll wait and see.

Comment

Hi Folks
                The cola from Barbara dried out well and is actually quite a decent smoke, even though she was about ten days early. I got around a half ounce dried from the top part of her.
                The buds on the bottom branches of Barbara fattened up quite nicely after she was chopped. They are drying now and I reckon there must be maybe another half ounce on them. Am quite looking forward to it seeing as the early stuff was still decent.
                I ended up keeping Janice indoors under lights. She has gone really dark and wholesome looking. Not a massive crop but she looks great. Will post some pics when she gets cut, probably some time over the next few days.
                The other smaller plants are all gone so all that is left to do is crop and dry Janice and smoke the hell out of them.

Comment

Haha! Glad Barbara turned out ok. It's horrible taking them early and the episode with bud rot was a bit of a scare for you. Old Babs came through in the end eh....

Comment

end of diary

Hi Folks
                    Time to draw a line under this grow diary. I ended up getting about an ounce dry from Barbara. The second half of her, which I left for another ten days, is a bit more potent but funnily enough is rougher to smoke.
                    Janice is hanging up to dry. She was much smaller than Barbara and I estimate will give about a half ounce dry. Final observations were that, not only was she smaller, but leaves were darker and thicker which makes me think she was a more indica dominant pheno.
                    Overall thoughts about growing Auto Frisian Dew... Well, it was my first go with autos and I was quite chuffed for the most part. The final smoke was nice and pretty potent. However, for a strain to be advertised as suitable for outdoors in the UK, and then to get bud rot in the one rainy week of what has been the driest summer for years, was a bit of a let down. There's also a hint of instability with the difference between Barbara and Janice.
                    On the other hand, I am a very haphazard and slap-dash gardener so the experiment wasn't carried out under very rigorous conditions.
                    Will try again next year.
                    Hope you all enjoyed the diary.
                    ++++ END +++++

Comment

end of diary

Hi Folks
                      Time to draw a line under this grow diary. I ended up getting about an ounce dry from Barbara. The second half of her, which I left for another ten days, is a bit more potent but funnily enough is rougher to smoke.
                      Janice is hanging up to dry. She was much smaller than Barbara and I estimate will give about a half ounce dry. Final observations were that, not only was she smaller, but leaves were darker and thicker which makes me think she was a more indica dominant pheno.
                      Overall thoughts about growing Auto Frisian Dew... Well, it was my first go with autos and I was quite chuffed for the most part. The final smoke was nice and pretty potent. However, for a strain to be advertised as suitable for outdoors in the UK, and then to get bud rot in the one rainy week of what has been the driest summer for years, was a bit of a let down. There's also a hint of instability with the difference between Barbara and Janice.
                      On the other hand, I am a very haphazard and slap-dash gardener so the experiment wasn't carried out under very rigorous conditions.
                      Will try again next year.
                      Hope you all enjoyed the diary.
                      ++++ END +++++

Comment

I enjoyed your grow diary Greany.

At least, your smoking, your own bud, that's worth it. It sucks that your weather is fussy. Maybe next season, you can take what you learned this one, and try to improve on some protection from the bad weather, for your plants when it gets nasty outside. some kind of removable cover, or something.

You still got bud to smoke, and that is great. Thanks for sharing with me, your experience. You did good, and next season, you'll do better. You'll always get better each time you grow.

I had a storm pass thru here, last week, and I took a trash can lid, and set over the top of my Eldorado, just because I didn't want it to get drenched. I'll try anything for my plants, because I love them so much. Now my grow area is back up, and I can put her inside, when the weather get's bad.

I just have to have plants, It's my hobby, and I can't go without growing, I enjoy it so much.

Your puff'in away, that's what counts. Good Luck, next season.
                        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-15-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Haha! Thanks pal. I've been enjoying reading yours too. And yes, I have got some great smoke. Am pretty happy with the quality. I actually just started smoking the second plant, Janice, this morning. She's a different smoke altogether, much smoother and deeper. I think that maybe the difference between the two plants was not really anything to do with drainage but that Janice was actually a more indica dominant phenotype. Smaller, darker and a heavier stone. Happy days!
                          I'll be at it again next spring, I'm already counting the days....

Comment

Working...
                          X