Growing Marijuana in Closet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Marijuana in Closet

I was thinking about growing a marijuana plant in my closet as I am renting a house. Do you think it is possible to do this without the real estate agent working out that I am growing weed?

The agent does 6 monthly inspections and gives me a weeks notice before the house inspection.

I am able to be there when he inspects the property.

Stealth Kits

Man, you need to be careful, right?

Have you not read about the stealth systems out there? Growing weed generates heat, light and, more than anything else, smell. Man those buds stink!

Check out stealth kits - it's a way of keeping your weed garden all closeted away so none of the evidence gets out there.

Comment

light

light is most important aspect for plants. why not buy a led light for them, natural environment.

Comment

If you are considering growing discreetly you may want to use an LED grow light.

We now have an LED lighting designer contributing to our forum. If you have any questions on LED grow lights please visit this thread and post a response.

Comment

LEDs could be the way to go. It would certainly eliminate your heat signature and also would require less ventilation which would mean less noise.
          I think smell could be your biggest problem. There are some strains which don't smell too strongly, making them more suitable for a stealth grow.
          Autoflowering strains would be a good idea as these are smaller, making them easier to hide, and they finish quickly, making for a shorter time to keep up the subterfuge.
          They say Lowryder 2 doesn't smell too strong, but some of the reviews are mixed.
          Or maybe consider a MasterKush. It's a bit bigger than an autoflowerer, but is compact all the same. It is potent, has good yields, and not too much smell...
          Is there anyway you can get some air extraction going on that can be dismantled quickly before the landlord comes?

Comment

Perhaps a compartment lined with silica-based air freshener pouches might help control the smells...
            If you get the right kind, you can reuse them simply by setting them out in the sun for a few hours to gas off....

Comment

You can go with Led light of with CFL light as cannabis will grow under almost any light, but for the yield, more light = more yield, I know that autoflowers are good for closet growing and growing them with CFL and LED lights is quite OK!

Comment

Where do you live that you have home inspections ? I've never heard of that before. I've rented for years & the only time the landlord would show up would be to do repairs . Anyway they have no business looking into your closet , if they just do a walk through the only thing you have to worry about is the noise from the fan & the odor . Of course you can grow a crop every 8-10 weeks depending on the stain in between visits . From what i read the best way to control odors is a charcoal activated filter . Check out a copy of high times magazine , tons of ads & info . good luck.

Comment

Well if he inspects that closet for what ever reason, he's going to have a big surprise when he opens the door. I wouldn't grow in a place I was renting. Just not worth the risk of him/her finding out and reporting you to the coppers. Come home from a hard days work and there they are waiting for you.

Comment

Check out stealth kits - it's a way of keeping your weed garden all closeted away so none of the evidence gets out there.

MALIK66

Comment

Dude i am in the same boat but lucky for me my landlord does not come round to visit! My girlfreind smokes bud with me but will not allow me to grow- however recently i have talked her into letting me buy a grow tent to grow flowers and veg in ( yee right lol ) i will be growing up in my loft but will only be growing one plant at a time and in that case i will be using one of these led ufo full spectrum lights due to low heat etc hope your grow goes to plan and good luck!

Comment

hi my name is Jim I have a Durban Poison and it's about a month and a half old I got the plant from a friend when it was about 2 weeks old we both decided since it was indoors and it was outdoors and it was growing so I brought it back inside for two weeks now and I also put it into flowering its a summon I see the question that I have is I'm using aCFL hundred watt I'm using a hundred and fifty clearlight bulb will that be enough to grow my Durban Poison I think it could be bigger it's about two and a half feet tall but since it's already in flowering I also use Fox Farm nutrients and Fox Farm soil I don't know if those light bulbs will be enough or should I get more does clear light bulb isn't it like a HPS butplease if somebody could tell me if I'm using enough light or need to get more could you please let me know
                        Last edited by jimmy2828; 08-08-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

this is Jim again that hundred and fifty what clear light bulb looks like a miniature HPS will that be enough plus 100 watt CFL that gives off about 2000 someone's if anybody's got any suggestions I get more clear light bulbs they will work or more CFLs please or let me know I'll post pictures please help

Comment

If you get more get CFLs. For flowering you want them to be 'warm white'. There should be writing on the pack somewhere that gives you the colour temp. You want around 2700K. Not sure what your clear bulb is. If it is a standard incandescent it runs hot and inefficiently. CFL is cooler, cheaper and works better.

Comment

Working...
                            X