Help what next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help what next

Inexperience really showing here.Starting to flower to late ,now out of room,girls getting leaf and bud burn.Have tried carefully bending and some super cropping.Unfortunately I was too
    late also.Trying to keep buds exposed,just concerned that overcrowding and burn will kill them.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Just want to save what I can and do better the next grow.
    Thanks

Damn thats too bad there Fizz and i have no clue what so ever what you could do to help the over crowding. How long have you been in flower mode?

Comment

What you have already done would have been advice to you. It looks like you have few inches of space above the light is there anyway you could move the light to the top of cabinet?

Comment

Been flower for about 2 weeks now,next move will be to try and move the light.

Comment

My experience is limited in growing also, since Fizz and I have a similar problem.. ie: no room for tall plants... why isn't it a good idea to top them ? a few google searches were wishy washy on the idea.
          TIA crazy

Comment

Topping is stressful for plants and should only be done in vegetative stage. You can lollipop, defoliate and supercrop within the first 2 weeks of flower. Some growers do these in veg others within 2 weeks of initial flower it really depends on your space and what you are trying to achieve.

Comment

Topping is stressful on a plant, that I understand. Plants that may get light burn on its top or have a light fall on it and break the top part will survive ? My first grow I'm trying to achieve that I can grow a plant or two until completion. The buds and trim will be given to people that use it as a topical and what not.

Comment

Yes the plants will normally survive, but obviously the yield will be affected.

Comment

wow, yeah, grow and learn... move that light up ASAP, maybe try to do something to get the light penetration to improve? Might even have to sacrifice a few buds/branches for this round and chalk it up to practice... What you will end up with, by cutting off some growth now, is obviously going to be less than if you could grow the full plant out. But you can not actually grow this plant out WELL and get the full yield in this condition anyway... 6 of one, half dozen of another scenario...

Comment

• Fizz
                    Fizz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks coconut,have moved the light, a couple of inches is all I could get. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Fizz

Thanks all,first thing will be to move the light up, then try thinning or removing some of the bottom growth.This is my first attempt,just have to chalk it up as lessons learned.These are autos and have been in flower for 2 weeks and have had explosive growth,how much more can be expected.This unit is designed to hold 9 plants,right now there are only 5.Most likely
                  in the future I will only try 4 and work at keeping them shorter and definitely start flowering earlier.Thanks for the help,its greatly appreciated.
                  Fizz

Comment

Hi Fizz what strain of Auto are they? Its always best to do some research on the strain your growing. Some strains have different phenotypes for example you might get a short indica plant and the other will be a taller sativa looking plant. Auto,s can be pretty explosive in growth rate and in the final couple of weeks the buds seem to thicken up a lot. So try not to chop to early as waiting will improve the yield considerably.

Comment

• Fizz
                      Fizz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Amnesia Haze,went into this slightly blind,just on seed company's suggestion on easy grow for noob's.Oh well they teach their own lessons over time. I intend on a continual education and intend on being better informed on my next attempt.

Thanks kbag

Try to bend the branches down without actually breaking them. Stressing autos (or any plants in flower) can be a problem and will affect yield.
                    If it gets so bad that you have to sacrifice some branches then consider cutting side branches and bending the main stem back down. Your biggest buds are likely to be at the top of the main stems and little that you do now can alter that, so if you end up having to select branches to cut to make room, avoid cutting the main stems.
                    The unexpected size of plants is a real easy mistake to make. A lot of auto strains can be unpredictable with lots if different phenotypes. It is also fair to say that the people selling the units can be a bit overly optimistic about how many plants you can fit in. They sell better if they tell you that you can fit more plants in. At least you know now. The first grow is often just a massive learning curve anyway.
                    Good luck with it. Let us all know how it turns out.

Comment

Thanks Schmokin for the great info,seems like they have stopped growing taller and I will thin out per your suggestion.I did get the light up a couple inches,just didn't help much but will work until the next attempt.Definitely have learned a lot. Everyone's help from the forum has been greatly appreciated.

Fizz

Comment

If they've stopped stretching don't cut them. Once they stop they will start to fatten up. Only cut as a last resort.

Comment

Schmokin see the time of your post there? Almost posted it at 4:20 lol

Comment

Working...
                          X