My first question on my first grow :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first question on my first grow :)

Hello all finally got my account activated so here I am ready for a step learning curve.

im planning on my first grow soon once I've saved up enough money, I've decided that I'd be better served in the long run starting with some decent kit. Pretty set on using a grow tent most likely a 1.2m x 1.2m maybe a little larger. I'm steadily reading up on lighting, LED is very attractive purely because of electrical use. Other wise it will be HPS and MH 600w. One thing so far is apparent the LED option is very expensive to initially buy and I'm not so convinced the results will be equal to that of a single 600w HPS well not with spending mega bucks???
    ill be using a RHINO carbon filter, as I lift in flats (apartments) stealth is quite important the most critic aspect the smell! In you experience will a single filter be enough to eliminate all smell, if they actually do rid the area of all the odour?

thanks in advance guys

Any one have any thing to add??

Comment

Would suggest investigating different strains as some smell less than others. - slo

Comment

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
        Would suggest investigating different strains as some smell less than others. - slo
        Yeah I've been looking into this as well I will be considering it durring selection as I'm sure it will help. I'm still wondering the true effectiveness of these Rhino filters though, mid sized tent say 4-6 plants will the filter do what it says on the tin??

Comment

I've seen the Rhinos in action and they are pretty good in my opinion. I was looking at a friend's grow yesterday. He has a rhino and about 9 flowering Berry Cherry plants. You couldn't smell anything outside the cabinet, but as soon as he opened it they were pretty smelly. So I would say yes, it does do what it says on the tin. Not sure how it would handle some really stinky Cheesy Skunk, but as Slo Han says, you can select your strains for stealth as well.

The LED options are looking better and better these days. A simple Youtube search will show you lots of successful LED grows. You do need to splash out on top class lights in the first place though. The good news is that LED performance and efficiency increases at an amazing rate and the prices drop accordingly. If it is too expensive right now, then hold off and the prices will drop in a year or two.

Comment

I am using two small led panels I purchased off ebay - china - I wanted to see what up. I have one lit and a girl scout under it. Seems to be doing quite well for all the negatives I've heard about china lights. As stated, the improvements are still happening on led light systems. I bought from two different shops and got two different lites - one is brighter and will use it when my clones are ready - I'll have to wait for a final judgment call - slo

Comment

ill be using a RHINO carbon filter, as I lift in flats (apartments) stealth is quite important the most critic aspect the smell! In you experience will a single filter be enough to eliminate all smell, if they actually do rid the area of all the odour?

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
              We are the pioneers in spanishprograms - learn spanish dumps and tutorials with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline
              Last edited by Harybald; 04-04-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

As long as you keep a negative pressure you should eliminate any smell from the tent. When you open the door to the tent its inevitable that some smell leaks out. I use a Rhino pro carbon filter and i find them excellent.

What Size rhino do you have and extraction fan?
                Last edited by kbag; 03-13-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X